Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Wells Fargo Bank

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Pros

Wells Fargo is a great company to work for! I was proud to work at Wells. The reason I quit was to go back and get my full-time MBA to continue my career progression.

Cons

Depending on the geographic area, you may or may not move up quick.

Although there was some micromanaging at times, Wells Fargo management is great.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Great Company, sick of sales.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Fountain Valley, Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

Pros

The company itself is wonderful, I am just sick to death of hearing how I need to open accounts all day long and sell this and sell that. They need to quit raising goals and realize that its building a relationship with the customer that counts, and that is not always done through pushy sales.

Cons

Sales. sales. sales. If you are at a slow store and try your best, its still no good, but the busy stores with bankers who sit by the door and wait for the new account to walk in are 'doing such a wonderful job!'

Realize that sales aren't everything! Put more value on WOW!

Sales are key

Current Employee - Teller  in  Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Valencia, CA

Pros

Great benefits even for tellers. Bonuses paid based on how much you contribute. In my branch there are great people - so much so that we often hang out after work just because we all get along. Many customers are fun to see, and there are some perks associated with having small business owners/managers as customers (free food, mostly).

Cons

Obnoxious policies regarding how to greet customers (Say 'Welcome To Wells Fargo! My name is ___. How can I help you today). Saying the same thing gets old after a while. Very stressful at times balancing high sales pressure with "moving the line" when we get busy. Meaningless coaching by the managers regarding sales and customer service ("What product are you going to work on this week? How are you going to change your approach so that you sell a credit card next time?). They have recently started incorporating teller surveys (something brought over from Wachovia) rating you on your interaction with a customer. It's a good idea in theory, allowing you to know how you could improve your customer relationship skills, but in practice it turns in to something that just has to be done. It feels like the managers are just going through the motions, and must find something to cite you on, so they can provide coaching and do their job. It doesn't feel like it's improving my sales or customer service - both of which I am doing well in.

Many of the new policies feel arbitrary. I would describe it as management for management's sake. These policies might make sense on paper, but they are failing in practice. Provide more freedom in the branch level so that the managers can do what they know works well. Blanket policies stifle initiative and freedom, and will discourage your most qualified employees from staying around to move up in their careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!