Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Bank

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo is a great company to work for! I was proud to work at Wells. The reason I quit was to go back and get my full-time MBA to continue my career progression.

Cons

Depending on the geographic area, you may or may not move up quick.

Although there was some micromanaging at times, Wells Fargo management is great.

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Great Company, sick of sales.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

The company itself is wonderful, I am just sick to death of hearing how I need to open accounts all day long and sell this and sell that. They need to quit raising goals and realize that its building a relationship with the customer that counts, and that is not always done through pushy sales.

Cons

Sales. sales. sales. If you are at a slow store and try your best, its still no good, but the busy stores with bankers who sit by the door and wait for the new account to walk in are 'doing such a wonderful job!'

Realize that sales aren't everything! Put more value on WOW!

Good place to learn sales and profiling.

Current Employee - Personal Banker II – Registered in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Personal Banker II – Registered in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great pto, 4 weeks the first year. Match 100% for the first 6% of 401k. If you can learn to sell and profile here it will serve you well in future sales jobs. Pay is good for what I do, unfortunately not a lot of growth potential for your career.

Cons

Serious lack of career growth. Very very large sales plan, feel sorry for the Wachovia people when they see our sales plan. Push products on people they might not necessarily want, can be a very pushy sales environment.

Management at the very top is really good. Most branch managers are good but are pushed along with everyone else to produce sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo