There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Ethical company, not a place for young people

Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was in the Financial Analyst Program within commercial lending.

-Great work to life balance, decent compensation, nice people, very ethical

Cons

-Not a lot of young and there's isn't much of a corporate culture.

-The central FAP training is called Credit Camp....it is about as fun as it sounds. Very structured, has a test at the end that ranks you against your peers and you have to discuss the test with your manager. You are required to take two online accounting courses which consume your life outside of work

Hire more young people and make training with our peers a fun experience, not something we dread doing. The money you invest in social events and fun activities is an investment in employee retention.

6741 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Big Bank

Current Employee - Mortgage Consaultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Consaultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Culture, the company has been killing it and sometimes will chip in profit sharing, health insurance is affordable, if you are a middle manager you can get lost forever.

Cons

Poor comp plan, I over heard my manager say he could get a monkey to do this job.

Check in with the people that are making you all his money. The process needs a complete overhaul that cannot get done with technology alone. Break out teams to figure this out and implement in pieces. There is less than zero % accountability for execution once sales has been made. Customer Loyalty is a sham and you know it. Ask customers how they feel- they hate Well Fargo.

Wells Fargo has a good "macro" culture, unfortunately there are a LOT of areas where the TEAM culture is horrible.

Former Employee - Marketing Database Strategy Consultant in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Marketing Database Strategy Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High Salaries Good people at the "doer" level.

Cons

Mid upper management is largely in WAY over their heads as far as functional knowledge about the people they manage (and work that those teams do)... leads to a LOT of management who are threatened by their more senior staff members. Also, as most of these positions are EXTREMELY well paid these people are scared to DEATH to lose their jobs (as they don't have skills (or even MORALS) to attain a job of similar pay/prestige outside of WF. My last manager there was just the worst person I have ever worked for... a cougar who had slept with several team members (NOT ME) who was VERY inappropriate and tried to bully me personally... fortunate for me, I DO have real skills and have been gone for more than a year and a half... I will never work at Wells Fargo again, a fact that I am very happy about...

I may add that if you are just beginning your career it is probably a decent place to work as there ARE a lot of smart people there, but as your career progresses I strongly urge you to take the many GOOD things you can learn from this environment and grow your career at a company that has good character in it's management up through it's top levels...

Clean out your company, there are people all over at mid to high level management (who were literally administrators several years ago... hold your peers and your subs (and MOST OF ALL YOURSELF) to an extremely high level of morality and discipline. I DO NOT think that mid level and up Management necessarily NEEDS to be highly technical, BUT if you HAVE this level of management reporting to you and they "seem" very operational ... you may want to ask yourself IF they truly ARE doing the level of work you need. Support your operational staff by promoting transparency and keeping in touch with them, act on information given to you because at the "doer" level you have a TON of smart, hardworking people.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo