There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Lead Teller in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company provides excellent benefits, extensive training and overall the salary is competitive. If you do your job well you will be rewarded for it.

Cons

It's a large company so its easy to be looked over. They focus HEAVILY on sales and most goals are unattainable.

6683 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Slow pace with smart people

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Global company with opportunities galore. Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available.

Cons

Frequent lay-offs and mergers make job security unknown at all times.

RSU / Stock incentives would be an improvement.

Rewarding, sales driven, and room to advance

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Helping make a difference with customers, great training, leadership encourages advancing within the company which is a strong benefit to working at Wells Fargo, great benefits- including health, dental, vision, 401K, and vacation time. Bonus compensation for meeting sales and customer service goals,. Both sales and customer service driven. Great work environment- good coworkers and great managers. Frequent recognition, praise from peers and management, cooperation between departments.

Cons

Focus on sales can be intimidating to people who don't stay internally motivated- even though the sales structure is laid out clearly I see many employees that get overwhelmed, burned out, or really frustrated because they are not meeting goals. Working Saturdays, usually alternating Saturdays, is often a deterrent to retaining good employees.

Balance micromanagement with positive enforcement across the board with every wells fargo position. I think it would be great to see district and regional managers actually coaching tellers and bankers one on one on a regular basis to improve the connections with upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo