There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great Company overall but as with any corporation you may be a bit limited / restricted

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, excellent benefits, the resources of a large company, 401k match is excellent, numerous business lines to learn from and refer to.

Cons

They want the ad services department to review my linked in account or shut it down. Lots of audits / paperwork of a large company. Can be restrictive as far as marketing / advertising.

Advice to Management

I recommend changing the banker compensation plan for unrestricted potential of mortgage referrals etc. Pay to be based on profit not solution driven or goals of last quarter. On the mortgage side please do not make sweeping layoffs of positions such as assistants when you are trying to cut costs, make them contingent upon production and profits of a branch, you cut your own profits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great starting place

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start and get general level banking experience

Cons

Takes a while to move up within such a large company. Not great communication between levels. Sales goals are impractical

2. Forward Hire training program - YAY 'back in the day'

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

The Brand - Learning and positioning to clients consistently. Building client relationships at various engagement points i.e.: community events…in the drive-thru…at the ATM…quality 'in-aisle' conversations…greet at five feet

Cons

Learning the brand and positioning to clients consistently. Listening to overcome customer objections understanding those traps

Advice to Management

Be the example…Act as if…reward and recognition…banker buddies…branch cluster-calling events...town hall meetings…emulate WF in all you do - internally and externally