The PERFECT Student Job

Former Employee - Lead Teller in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Lead Teller in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Name a student job that offers:
- Professional career
- PTO
- Paid sick days
- Bonus pay
- Competitive pay
- 401k

Cons

Like all jobs, there are always some cons. Here's some for working in my position:
- Some very BAD customer experience
- Holds a risk, since it's financially involved
- Tight schedule offered (it's a bank)

Advice to Management

Listen to your tellers at times. You may have more experience, but they deal with more customers, and have a more "updated" sense of what's going on with customer relations. They know some customers prefer XX behavior, rather than YY behavior, and it was a bit senseless to "program" your tellers to repeat the exact same words over and over to all customers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not an easy place to work

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I have received some of the best training in the industry at Wells Fargo. Initially you will only receive product and system training, but if you show promise and given extra training you may have the opportunity to receive training from some very experienced and helpful trainers.

Cons

Be prepared for being underpayed and underappreciated. Each year your sales goals will increase while your bonuses decrease. If you want a fairly realistic (albeit hilarious) example of the pressure one sees check out the "morning huddle" videos on youtube. The sales pressure is extremely high with little support from upper management. The upper management has either not worked at this level ever, or in a very long time. Also, I hope you enjoy being micromanaged because that seems to be the only way that upper management works.

Advice to Management

Back the frick off. Though some employees need micromanagement most employees at this level should or do not. My job would be considerably easier if you are not coming out with new requirements every week. I.e. This quarter we need to focus on credit cards. Next quarter: "while still focusing on credit cards and acquiring a new customer each day make sure you are putting on a home equity application every week." They don't seem to realize that giving everyone a whole bucket load of credit products is really doing what is best for the customer.

Outstanding bank IF you can adapt to the sales culture...

Former Employee - Private Banker III in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Private Banker III in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Extremely competent management team. Outstanding training. Great opportunities for those that exceed high production goals.

Cons

Intense sales culture. Very competitive atmosphere. Little to no sense of team work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's not for everyone, but that's a good thing.