Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Phone Banker 1: Nice employees and environment, terrible job.

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The starting pay was good. The training was very in depth. I got excellent info & experience from the training and from working in the position. Everyone was really nice. Benefits were pretty good. Good coverage for health insurance and you get it as soon as you're done with training.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. I worked in a call center.

The thing that drove me away was the extremely aggressive sales goals. I've worked in retail and sales. This was beyond terrible.

6 of your calls get listened to every month. I got marked down because I didn't at least offer something to a man who just told me his daughter died from brain cancer. That's right: you're supposed to sell on EVERY call so you meet their 25% sales goal.

If you don't get in trouble for your sales percentage, you'll get in trouble for your average call time. Or for being off the phone for more than 20 minutes for the day (bathroom breaks & trips to water fountain add up).

This job WAS NOT WORTH $13/hour. I will never recommend someone to work for them or bank with them. I came to find out employees who had been there a long time were either part time or had work accommodations for anxiety and depression.

It caused me sleepless nights and such anxiety I finally quit. Best thing I've ever done.

Customers who genuinely needed help were looked at like liars as if they were trying to con the bank.

Don't put such extreme pressure on employees. Don't go around every hour of every day asking "why is this metric low?" Avoid such micro-management.

7129 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Programmer

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Depends on the manager you have, you may have an opportunity for personal or professional growth. Ability to reach out to senior managers across other divisions for guidance.

Cons

Red tape and politics. Depends on the manager again. HR supports the manager more than the employee

Be careful with the kind of people you surround yourself with. You may not have any idea what is really going on in the company if you don't keep your eyes open and interract with the hourly staff.

Pleasant, but nothing special

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Easy to build relationship with coworkers, pleasant environment, good management.

Cons

Pay is not great. Compensations get worse and more difficult by the month. It's easy to grow within the company if you know the right people, if not, forget about it, even if you work like a dog.

Diversify management, and promote those who deserve to be promoted. Look upon yourselves and see if your managers know what they are doing...most have no clue.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo