Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Phone Banker 1: Nice employees and environment, terrible job.

Phone Banker I (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsThe starting pay was good. The training was very in depth. I got excellent info & experience from the training and from working in the position. Everyone was really nice. Benefits were pretty good. Good coverage for health insurance and you get it as soon as you're done with training.

ConsExtremely high turnover rate. I worked in a call center.

The thing that drove me away was the extremely aggressive sales goals. I've worked in retail and sales. This was beyond terrible.

6 of your calls get listened to every month. I got marked down because I didn't at least offer something to a man who just told me his daughter died from brain cancer. That's right: you're supposed to sell on EVERY call so you meet their 25% sales goal.

If you don't get in trouble for your sales percentage, you'll get in trouble for your average call time. Or for being off the phone for more than 20 minutes for the day (bathroom breaks & trips to water fountain add up).

This job WAS NOT WORTH $13/hour. I will never recommend someone to work for them or bank with them. I came to find out employees who had been there a long time were either part time or had work accommodations for anxiety and depression.

It caused me sleepless nights and such anxiety I finally quit. Best thing I've ever done.

Customers who genuinely needed help were looked at like liars as if they were trying to con the bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put such extreme pressure on employees. Don't go around every hour of every day asking "why is this metric low?" Avoid such micro-management.

Wells Fargo Branch Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros: After the merger the focus changed to numbers not clients Cons: goals increased 200% after merger No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros: Nice, friendly place to work. Cons: Very demanding to make sales. More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!