There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

A job that pays the bills

Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Salem, OR
Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Salem, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Flexible hours
-Get to put WF on your resume
-Casual dress code
-No physical labor

Cons

-High sales goals
-Rude "not so smart" customers
-Extensive time on the computer (bad for the eyes)
-Salary does not compensate the level of work

Good enough to pay the bills, however the compensation is very low considering the amount of work we have to put in. On a average day I service 90-120 different accounts, and I make $118 per day before tax... that's less than a $1 per account after tax. It's mentally exhausting when you get back to back calls with customers who overdrew their account and then blames you (personally) as if your the one that spent their money.

6784 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Commercial Lending

Former Employee - Lending
    Former Employee - Lending

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sophisticated company with all the tools. Plenty of resources.

Cons

The demands and expectations all live up to the reputation and more. This company thrives on grinding through employees and recycling with the next new (naive) candidate. If read the "what not to do to or expect from your employee manuals" ... you'll know what to expect.

None - it's working for you, so why change?

An unethical manager can ruin it for everyone and will likely not be dealt with

Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Sandy, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- 401K plans match to 6% and occasionally 8% with discretionary profit sharing
    - You get to provide helpful financial solutions to customers
    - If this is your first real job, there's lots of promotion opportunity within retail
    - Other banks respect Wells Fargo sales training
    - Bank hours and 18 days of PTO from day one

Cons

- Manager's goals may not be closely aligned with your own. So they may want you to do what makes THEM the most money, even if it doesn't make you much.
    - Too much attention and scrutiny to WOW (customer service) scores. Also, poor team performance lowers your individual rating
    - You'll get managers that will encourage you to do illegal things. In my area, a lot of these managers have seen promotions while their misdeeds have been disregarded. I had one advise me to run credit card applications for customers without their knowledge. I spoke to my District Manager about her, and she got promoted a few months later.
    - Store managers are occasionally advised to tank a year to recalibrate unrealistic goals. Annual goals are 3% of previous year performance. This causes managers to move stores.
    - Customers are usually better off financially getting their products from other banks/CUs. Lots of fees, high APRs, low APYs, and hoops to jump through.
    - Retail banking is a dying industry for Gen Y and Z
    - Too much focus on process metrics like Customer Needs Assessment and Mid-Session Reviews
    - The insurance sucks now. It was good until Jan 2012.
    - Hard to move out of retail or into high paying retail jobs, because people stay in them a long time.

Clean out all the crooked Service and Branch Managers. See that talented and motivated retail workers have opportunities beyond the branch level.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo