Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

So much time and effort put into a job that only recognizes the people who arent doing things morally correct.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, company has the right idea of what it WANTS to be, get to meet lots of interesting customers, opportunity to move into management fairly quickly.

Cons

hourly wage kinda sucks for the amount of pressure put on for sales EVERYDAY, company says they want quality but they actually want quality, sales goals are unrealistic so that people do immoral things to get a bonus and a promotion, half the time those people get promoted and move on, the other half of the time people get fired at random and in bulk, youre forced to sell to family and friends and THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THAT THIS COMPANY HAS IS MANAGEMENT. The turn around rate sucks so bad because the management roles are filled by inadequate leaders with minimal experience in anything but sales, scheduling form these managers can be a nightmare as i got my schedule week to week and sometimes day by day. getting notice of a day off the day before i was supposed to have it..

Please please please, pay attention to what the bankers and tellers are telling you. The stress put on store managers to hit sales goals is equally passed down to the rest of the staff in an unhealthy manner that creates a sick working environment full of highly strung out employees who arent performing to their fullest potential because lazy managers dont think they should HAVE to do any of the work because they are managers. Being Proactive instead of reactive is always being preached at WF yet somehow it seems to seep through the cracks everyday that people are not happy at work, until someone snaps and gets fired or written up. So much for proactivity when someone could have figured out what the problem was a lot sooner. That someone being a manager! This company looks at promotions based off of personal preference as opposed to performance. therefore a lot of good candidates for certain roles are overlooked because they arent BFFs with the DM.

7394 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Great franchise a little off track.

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Large corporation providing more than enough products to service your clients.

Cons

Large corporation that also provides too much bureaucracy that it truly hinders servicing your clients. Also technology is not designed for the end user, making it very difficult to be efficient and as productive as one could be.

Build the technology to be for the end user, versus built from an IT perspective. Also give branches the power to serve clients.

A job that pays the bills

Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Phone Banker I in Salem, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible hours
    -Get to put WF on your resume
    -Casual dress code
    -No physical labor

Cons

-High sales goals
    -Rude "not so smart" customers
    -Extensive time on the computer (bad for the eyes)
    -Salary does not compensate the level of work

Good enough to pay the bills, however the compensation is very low considering the amount of work we have to put in. On a average day I service 90-120 different accounts, and I make $118 per day before tax... that's less than a $1 per account after tax. It's mentally exhausting when you get back to back calls with customers who overdrew their account and then blames you (personally) as if your the one that spent their money.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo