Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Friendly Work environment

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly Work environment. People are fun to work with. Social events are great. Pretty good employee benefits and compensation. Work schedule is flexible.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about people at lower positions. Thye don't promote people from within, instead they hire cheaper from outside.

Promote from withing the organization

6969 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Very stressful work place because of the Micromanagement!

Former Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Based on my experience, I think that helping people from different backgrounds is the only positive part.

Cons

The micromanagement by uneducated managers is very stressful. It made me hate the job and quit after few months. I hated the "one on one" meeting because the managers that I worked with used it to criticize every little thing I do rather than giving positive feedback. I suffered and cried a lot during the few months that I worked there since I am not used to be treated badly. The mangers that I worked with only had high school diplomas! they had no idea about neither being good mangers nor about treating their team well through a healthy management.

Hiring educated mangers can make a huge difference in the work place. District Managers should regularly meeting with tellers , listening to their concerns, giving them some space to express themselves and to give some suggestions will be very helpful. Giving positive feedback rather than criticizing tellers will make a huge difference in the work place. I never had a chance to express my concerns to the district manger since both the service manager and the branch manager would always be around her, and if try to say something they would give me a bad look and choose any silly reason to criticize me for the next day. I believe that when employees are treated well, they well treat customers very well.

extreme stress and horrible politics

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The customers- not working on Sundays- they have discounts on sport tickets, like how they encourage volunteer. 401k plan and stock purchase plan.

Cons

the politics, the pay, the stress is out of the this world, the lack of respect, all the trash talking, the unethical sales, the high sales environment, the lack of recognition.

hire managers who are experience. DM should check in with non management staff to hear the truth. Take what a team member says seriously,

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo