There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Loan Doc Specialist V
Former Employee - Loan Doc Specialist V

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, hours, they have employee perks, discounts on banking services, cell phone discounts, 401k match, health benefits, etc...

Cons

Management heavy, ramp up too slow and ramp down (lay off) too fast so that puts added work stress on employees

Think about what your doing and how it impacts peoples lives

6683 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

One of the best banks to work for

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Employee friendly, benefits are good

Cons

Not all groups have a great work culture

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a good company to work for you have decent benefits and a fair wage.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people, passionate about helping people get into homes. In Cleveland, we did it right. We had great talent and they worked hard to make the benchmarks and close loans. In a big company you have good benefits: eye and dental, and a fair match on 401K.

Cons

Too many laws changes, so much especially in the last 3-5 years. It causes a lot of internal changes, checks balances. It's like the basics have been missed (encrypted security, solid structure, vision to the entire team) we were the last to convert to our own system. They still don't have banks in Cleveland (crazy) and there's been a presence here for over 25 years.

You have let a lot of good talent go (displaced) across the country. I hope those leaders you have in place that made these decisions, make the cut. There were other options, especially for seasoned underwriters: working from home, you let years and years of government experience walk out of the door. It's hard to grow your own with the work force out here. Young people who don't know or understand the value of homeownership. The same goes for closers and I think it was the beginning of the end when you moved processing into the field. They need to be back inside with supervisors who know processing and can help them (in theory I understand you thought you were taking seasoned processors but its not working). Sales doesn't want to manager processing no matter what they say.

Time will tell, I hope you get someone in position who has a CLEAR vision of the future and can fix this mess you have made of your production centers. I understand the centralization, but the decisions to close some of the good solid performing offices seemed a bit irritational. I think other options could have been utilized before you took that step. Not disgrunted just disgusted.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo