Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great place to work if you love sales

Former Employee - Teller
Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wells Fargo provides decent hourly wages but makes it worth it with excellent sales and customer service incentives. Hours are always the same and you are always off by 6pm and off on Sundays because of bank hours. They like to promote from within so you have plenty of opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

If you are not the best sales person, you will have a really rough time with managers harassing you about sales and quotas everyday. A big part of your performance is based on randomly conducted customer service reviews, which unless you receive absolutely perfect scores on, can lead to extensive coaching and a negative impact on the whole branch. You could have a perfect interaction with a customer and still receive zero for the review if that customer chooses to put a 4/5 for one of the categories. During my time with the company I worked for two branches and experienced shortages of employees at both which meant time off was difficult to come by. I also noticed that there was quite a bit of office politics and favoritism going on in each which greatly affected promotions and my overall confidence in the company.

Avoid favoritism, try to remain fully staffed

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Positive from a pay perspective, disfunctional in terms of organizational structure. Very political.

Current Employee - Risk
    Current Employee - Risk

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong focus on risk. Compensation is very good.

Cons

Poor organizational efficiency
    Poor work environment
    Poort leadership

I was frustrated almost every day after work.

Former Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant
    Former Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Good pay potential for those who put in the time and effort to close a lot of loans. As the largest mortgage company in the US, you do have the opportunity to benefit from internal leads.

Cons

Initial training is OK, but once you start working in your branch, don't ever ask your boss for help because this is a cardinal sin at this company. The "back office" operations end of the mortgage department is wholly incompetent and getting a loan closed takes forever.

Study a few company's with responsive operations and learn from their "results now" approach.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo