There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great place to work if you love sales

Former Employee - Teller
Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

Wells Fargo provides decent hourly wages but makes it worth it with excellent sales and customer service incentives. Hours are always the same and you are always off by 6pm and off on Sundays because of bank hours. They like to promote from within so you have plenty of opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

If you are not the best sales person, you will have a really rough time with managers harassing you about sales and quotas everyday. A big part of your performance is based on randomly conducted customer service reviews, which unless you receive absolutely perfect scores on, can lead to extensive coaching and a negative impact on the whole branch. You could have a perfect interaction with a customer and still receive zero for the review if that customer chooses to put a 4/5 for one of the categories. During my time with the company I worked for two branches and experienced shortages of employees at both which meant time off was difficult to come by. I also noticed that there was quite a bit of office politics and favoritism going on in each which greatly affected promotions and my overall confidence in the company.

Avoid favoritism, try to remain fully staffed

6471 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

My experience has been challenging and I can't say I would recommend this dept to others.

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Specialist  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

WF has a great benefits package after 30 days plus PTO that is given up front not accrued.

Cons

Consumer Finance (call center) is a place where you go if you want to be a angry always "lazered focused" employee. On my team we have to ask to go to the rest room. Boss micromanages to a level I have never seen.....ever. During interview he sold me on the job with the bonus structure but he left off many important details... Such as the QA dept taking 40% if you say the work save during a call. Also if you finally reach the impossible goal you only get the $$ on the first tier next month you get to level 2 and so on. If on the 4th month you miss by 1..... No bonus and the following month you go down tiers. I work on a team that continually looks thru other peoples Q's and steals their deals. If you call in sick its fair game for your own team to call your deals and switch over to their name. The SUP allows this the actually encourages it. The last straw was when I was yelled at by him because I didn't make an 84 yr old woman go to the bank that same day and sign her docs. I told her it was OK that her husband drive her a few days later. True story. This is the only department I have worked in but of you do not have thick skin and want to be a lazered focus puppet of Josh Miller then go ahead. I would not recommend at all.

extremely stressful as sales are more important than customer service

Current Employee - Teller  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Teller in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time

Pros

vacation time is good, except if you are sick you have to use vacation for first 5 days, so you could be in hospital but wells has you on vacation, benefits are ok, medical has been better in past

Cons

very sales oriented, thats all they care about, sales goals are hard to reach and are the same across board, a busy branch might make goal but a slow branch cant, you can lose your job for not making goal, they preach customer service but really its about how much you can sell the customer

makes no difference as long as they get their big fat pay raises why should they listen to those on the bottom rung

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!