Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Lead Teller

Former Employee - Lead Teller in The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Lead Teller in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are good. The job is fun if you have a good manager

Cons

Sales stress is out the roof.

Think about the customers first then how much money you are making

7103 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

stressed, negative and cut throat work environment

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

stability of the company and wells is present in roughly 30 states

Cons

no work/life balance, uncaring and cut throat style of management, very much a churn and burn mentality when it comes to filling positions...the turnover rate is well over 50%. Very micro managing and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday...it only matters what you are doing for them today and what you plan on doing tomorrow. Meeting sales goals is the main focus above delivering great customer service...this intense sales focus has created a very unethical work environment in that people will do anything to meet that sales goal..ethically or unethically. If you don't meet sales goals then you are required to stay after hours to make cold calls. They use a threatening style of management to get people to meet the goals...instead of coaching and helping them.

Micromanagement

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for The bank when it was still pre-merger and was Wachovia. Then on Managers were motivational, lead by example and were good mentors. despite the challenge of the job it created a positive vibe in the workplace which resulted to efficiency.

Cons

I believe when it became Wells Fargo the bar was set higher sending the new store managers to breath under their own team's neck. The micromanagement was terrible. I saw my co-employees fall out one by one. the air around the store was just not ideal anymore coupled with the stress of the job. customers who had relationships with older employees were pissed to see they had to deal with new ones again. Relationship banking was not their forte.

Teamwork should be emphasized and the good leaders should be the managers. They ought to mentor never to bully. The cost you entail training and retraining new employees, the relationship built and had be rebuilt by the fast turnover of your employees will soon catapult back to your company. You are basically in sales and you ought to know by now that your employees are your biggest asset.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo