Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great place to start a career.

Current Employee - Reverse Engineering Consultant in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Reverse Engineering Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Because I work for such a large organization, there are opportunities for me to stay with the company, but at the same time explore different roles and gain other skills.

Cons

The hours can be long.

Don't be afraid to invest a good amount of money in your employees to keep them happy and in their current positions.

7129 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Working full time you HAVE to love your job!

Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo is hands down the best place I have EVER worked for. If I had an actual interest in banking as a career, I would undoubtedly stay with this company for my entire life. Management works hand in hand with you to help you succeed. Upper management makes regular visits to the branches to check in on the staff and assist us in moving up. Believe me, if you are ambitious and a hard worker, there is no way NOT to do well with this company. You don't necessarily need to have any sort of degree either. If someone were to start out at Wells with just a high school diploma, you can still easily move up. Simply do well! Pay attention, ask questions, provide customer service, and SMILE. It's that simple. AND, Wells Fargo has a GREAT tuition reimbursement program for it's employees, so if you get a job you can educate yourself to better your career with them after one year and they'll pick up the tab!
    Wells Fargo really, truly, cares about their employees. The pay is great, especially for an entry level position! Working for a large company such as Wells Fargo offers great job security too. While our economy is doing so poorly, this is a very important aspect of a prospective job. As other banks continue to downsize, Wells Fargo is increasing it's profits. It pays to be helpful too. The incentive pay for sales and customer service is great. There are so many different ways to get bonuses on your paychecks! Catch a fraudulent transaction, get a bonus. Have top customer surveys for the quarter, get a bonus. Achieve a very low sales goal, get a bonus.
    It's easy to get overtime too. There are always branches around that are going to be short staffed. Tell your manager that you are interested in getting some overtime, and they will send you to another branch to help them be staffed accordingly.

Cons

As any customer service position, you have to deal with some very unruly customers from time to time. Especially dealing with something as personal as someone's money. Explaining why someone is dirt poor to them is never enjoyable. Though, this is not central to Wells Fargo. You will find this in any banking position.

Senior management really makes the employees feel valued, and that is central to every single good thing about the company. Feeling valued as even tan employee on the lowest rung of the ladder (teller) is not easy, but somehow you manage to do it. Love this company.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Banker in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Banker in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

great advancement opportunities and they have a really good way of showing appreciation for their hard working employees. the incentive pay and recognition trips are amazing ways that the company shows they are proud of their employees hard work. they also have a really good 401k program and a great health care program as well.

Cons

the market i work in can play favorites very easily, and by doing that the wrong people get promoted over the right people. sometimes the feedback on how to improve at your position is to vague to actually make improvements. i also feel that some management cares too much about their personal lives than the professional lives of their employees

learn how to do what the people you manage do. its hard to respect a boss who couldn't even succeed at your position

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo