There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Mid-Level Managers Need to be Cut

Current Employee - Securities Analyst  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Securities Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Broad exposure to financial concepts. Good starting job right out of college.

Cons

If Wells Fargo CTS wants to increase profits they should look at cutting some mid level managers. My manager does nothing all day but work her personal gmail account. She has no idea what is going on in the group and is oblivious to the work and projects that her staff members are doing. She shows nothing but favortism by giving huge raises to the people she likes and small raises to those she doesn't like even if they worked their butt off. So you better learn to brown nose if you want to get ahead. Ironically, the people she gives the huge raises to talk crap behind her back constantly. If we were allowed to give performance reviews to mid level managers, a lot of them would receive failing grades. Needless to say, I will be leaving soon and I know that others will be following me very soon.

Allow staff members to give their direct managers performance feedback to HR/senior management. That way they can determine which managers aren't pulling their weight. Too many mid level managers are just there to collect a paycheck and add no value to the organization.

6488 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Not all that great

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

It's easy to get time off and the benefits are great. I'd say the best parts are the competitive pay compared with other companies. It can be a place to move up quick, and it also allows you branch off in other directions within retail banking, ie investments, business banking, mortgages......

Cons

The micromanaging is terrible. Theres an endless amounts of reports and paperwork to be done for the simplest things. Your required to meet sales goals that are often ridiculous, while getting all your paperwork done and keeping the customer happy. All this without doing anything that will get you fired because the pressure is so high that the ones who make it are the low lifes who ripp off the most people. This type of activity is all but encouraged, yet frowned upon at the same time. If you've been in scrupulous sales before than this is the place for you and you'll move up quickly. Otherwise steer clear. The customers are getting oversold and the employees are getting burned out, but new people are constantly hired to take advantage of their "friends and family".

Figure out a way to allow people to do well without constantly threating them with termination for certain activities, and stop encouraging those activities at the same time.

"Good" place to start your career for college graduates looking to get into the financial services industry

Former Employee - Phone Banker  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Phone Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Easy to take time off when you need it. Encourage 360 degree feedback between management and employees. The recognition program is ok.

Cons

You are constantly bombarded with phone calls. Management needs to do a better job organizing the overall work structure. Probably think about conducting

The overall pay compensation needs to be improved especially when compared to that of other financial institutions. it feels like you are being nickled and dimed.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!