Wells Fargo

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Business Development Officer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Development Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo treats its employees with the respect they deserve. The benefits package is particularly strong and the compensation for high sales performers is good.

Morale is good, feedback is taken seriously and a generous time off program provides a good work/life balance.

Communication is generally good, but has its gaps like any big company has.

Senior management are generally thoughtful and sensitive people. I have never been yelled at in ten years of working here by any manager.

Cons

It is a large, conservative organization that has all the downsides associated with a large bureaucracy. Trying to change things can sometimes be akin to changing the course of the titanic.

Keep up the good work.

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

ACR1

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I would say that the only reason to stay with Wells Fargo in these economic times is that the bank is holding up well compared to its competitors. The job stability compared to other financial institutions is better right now.

Cons

The main downside of working at Wells Fargo would have to be the incompetence of branch managers, district managers and senior management. The lack of pay is laughable, but the true problem is the way that employees are treated on a day to day basis. The only thing that management cares about is how many ACR1 your branch has for that day. The company seems to value people that game the system and put people into the wrong accounts. This leaves other bankers having to reverse fees and deal with angry customers. Branch managers are basically houndogs that come around each day asking how many "units" you're going to put on the system for that day. The company is supposed to be built on relationship building but in reality all management cares about is the quick sale. The company values 10 debit cards more than putting 4 home equities on the system. The most disgraceful thing about the company is that branch managers that sit in their office all day doing nothing except refreshing ACR1 numbers are the only ones that reap the benefits of their team member’s production. The branch managers are basically high school graduates that barely speak English that come around hourly to ask what you're going to do to put "units" on the system for that day. The incentive compensation for personal bankers and tellers isn't even worth it compared to the daily bs that they have to deal with. Wells Fargo doesn't see their people as employees or co-workers but simply as a number and how many units you're going to produce for that day.

I would tell Senior Management to stop being so concerned with ACR1 numbers and put more emphasis on the production for the 3 month quarter. Bankers are judged on their 3 month quarter production but are constantly hounded for daily units which doesn't allow for the bankers to concentrate on the bigger picture. The company needs to put more value on retaining 1 million+ net worth clients compared to getting three month foreign accounts at Magic Mountain that will be closed after the summer ends.

Wells Fargo is not for me!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

They were flexible with my work schedule and it made my personal life easier to manage. They offer a decent benefits package that included 401k and stock options. It is a bank, so you do get every holiday off and if you are fortunate to work in a traditional branch rather than an in-store you could even get weekends off. The work itself is not very difficult but because of the economy and the way the overall market is right now, you may have a tough time achieving your sales goals which will bring more pressure from Senior Management becasue they have deadlines to meet as well.

Cons

Management is not very organized, they believe more in quantity rather than quality when it comes to sales. They hold way to many meetings about things you are doing wrong rather than ways to improve current situations. I believe that management is too self involved with thier own sales goals to see that keeping and training your best people will lead to stronger sales and a happier work environment. I believe that Wells Fargo Nevada is to blame rather than Wells Fargo Company. The leadership in Nevada is very poor and is run by people who in my opinion are store managers at best.

Get your act together!