Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

An excellent place to expand ones career.

Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Growth Opportunities and excellent training. The amount of training says a lot about what the company will invest in it's employees. They strive to have a very diverse and cohesive work place and it shows. I have worked in a number of large corporations with training programs, and Well Fargo has great follow through which shows in the various levels of management. Another great trait of Wells Fargo is it looks to promote from within the company first.

Cons

Very young workforce in retail positions.

Not really in a position of direct influence, but the response of middle management is they respect the leadership which tells me a lot. Keep up the great work.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

good benefits; don't have to work too hard.

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company has very good benefits, competitive compensation and stability. Many people choose to retire here. I was given regular promotions, though did find it hard to for to find the 'next step' when wanting to make a career jump to management. My first manager there was great, but when he left, my department went downhill. So, it really depends on the department/management whether you will have a good or bad experience.

Cons

I was in technology, but the main business is banking therefore, it was not so cutting edge for a technology professional. Due to this, the dot commers were making much more money, but we had the job stability which was a tradeoff. In addition, many times your employees were not the brightest or 'A' gamers. Mediocrity rules the roost there which is good because then it was relatively easy to be a star.

strive to make it not just a place to retire, but to thrive and be more progressive

good bank

Current Employee - Operations Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

benefits and currently not laying off personel

Cons

Like any big company has its problems and politics.

Need outside company to measure managers compitence to reveal transparency on midlevel activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!