There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

An excellent place to expand ones career.

Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Growth Opportunities and excellent training. The amount of training says a lot about what the company will invest in it's employees. They strive to have a very diverse and cohesive work place and it shows. I have worked in a number of large corporations with training programs, and Well Fargo has great follow through which shows in the various levels of management. Another great trait of Wells Fargo is it looks to promote from within the company first.

Cons

Very young workforce in retail positions.

Advice to Management

Not really in a position of direct influence, but the response of middle management is they respect the leadership which tells me a lot. Keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

Proud to work for Wells Fargo

Current Employee - Personal Banker Registered in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker Registered in Dallas, TX

Pros

Career growth. Easy to transfer to other states. Good benefits: 6% match on 401k. Friendly staff & management . Strong company – you know they will be around for a long time. They have great recognition events each year for the top performers. All expense paid trips for you and a guest to places like Hawaii, Cancun, & Disneyworld in FL.

Cons

Stressful at times. If you are not a salesperson you may not like working at Wells Fargo.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work – I like to see the deposits coming to Wells Fargo from other banks.

2. good benefits; don't have to work too hard.

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company has very good benefits, competitive compensation and stability. Many people choose to retire here. I was given regular promotions, though did find it hard to for to find the 'next step' when wanting to make a career jump to management. My first manager there was great, but when he left, my department went downhill. So, it really depends on the department/management whether you will have a good or bad experience.

Cons

I was in technology, but the main business is banking therefore, it was not so cutting edge for a technology professional. Due to this, the dot commers were making much more money, but we had the job stability which was a tradeoff. In addition, many times your employees were not the brightest or 'A' gamers. Mediocrity rules the roost there which is good because then it was relatively easy to be a star.

Advice to Management

strive to make it not just a place to retire, but to thrive and be more progressive