Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Flexible, Big Company with tons of perks, and benefits. Fantastic place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

At wells fargo there are many reasons to work here. For one, the diversity here is the best in the industry, the shear amounts of diversity and openness is unsurpassed. Also, depending on what group you are in, the dress code is VERY laxed for a bank (Jeans, T-shirt is acceptable). Also, some offices have fooseball tables/pool tables for the people (wholesale side). as with any big company, thsi could vary group to group, however except from the finance heavy areas, many workers work remotely, as well as get very lenient PTO. Speaking of PTO....25 days + 1 day at home a week is fantastic.

Cons

Big company, and everything that comes with it

Celebrate even the small wins, and stay very connected to the employees. Dont keep it hierarchical

7638 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - VP, Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - VP, Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo encourages a good mix of work/life balance. Obviously it depends on the group and management, but I have never had a problem taking days off or even large blocks of vacation (e.g., 3 weeks) at a time. Having 5 weeks of PTO is outstanding, and I work from home 2x per week. The senior management is very competent - proven by 20 years of results through various economic cycles. Overall a good company to work for.

Cons

Obviously it's big, and it's a bank, so red tape is inevitable. There's a lot of process and procedure, but I think that's inevitable with the size of company and in financial services.

Keep on the same track that Kovacevich was on - don't overspend for acquistitions; think about integrations carefully; lend conservatively; and focus on hiring and retaining the best people.

Good place to work, but it depends....

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

An employee’s experience at Wells Fargo depends a lot upon his or her manager. I think my manager is one of the best managers I have ever had in my 25-plus year working career (only a few of those years at WF.)

I think WF is a great place for work-life balance. I am sometimes annoyed that I can’t reach a colleague after 5pm, but I have to respect the fact that they have lives and WF makes that easy to do.

Lastly, the benefits are good for a company this size in this day and age. Not Google-good benefits, but pretty good for a large bank.

Cons

Despite the existence of an internal program to break down silos, WF is still a VERY silo’d organization. WF doesn’t really walk the talk when they talk about crossing organizational boundaries to serve the customer better. If they really meant what they said about breaking down silos they would put something in everybody’s MBO’s. However, I don’t know anybody’s MBO’s, other than perhaps that internal program, who include cross-organizational objectives.

From some of my friends who work at WF there can be managers who are inconsiderate, hyper, arrogant, part of an “old boys” network.

Management doesn’t seem to believe in management by walking around. I’m pretty far down the organization chain and I’ve never met any managers more than three levels above me despite the fact that the project I’m working on is supposed to be of strategic significance to our division.

Spend some money on breaking down silos.

Watch out for areas in the Bank where bad managers perpetuate other bad managers.

Get out an meet lower-level employees more often.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo