Good people place

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo has some of the greatest people to work with...smart, helpful, friendly, team oriented. Some managers are excellent. Benefits are good.

Cons

My division's management (not WFC senior management) was indecisive/reactive. This led to pulling things together in short time resulting in substandard quality.

Advice to Management

Check out some of the middle management. Some great, some not. Hold divisional leaders accountable to plans and execution.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Think twice...

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

good people
    good pay
    good benefits
    If you are interested in management there are plenty of opportunities. It seems to work best if you are a CPA

Cons

terrible work life balance
    very little leadership
    Think of this division as lord of the flies. The SVP roles are are made of a buddy network.

Advice to Management

Set a strategy, communicate it, staff it, and get it done. Don't push your own agenda...

2. Teller

Former Employee - Teller in Monterey Park, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Monterey Park, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo is a large and stable bank. The sales goals are rigorous and you really have to be either strategic and hardworking in order to achieve and surpass your highest goals. Benefits are great as well.

Cons

Compensation is not in alignment with achievement. I think they could reward their hardworking achievers with better bonuses and incentives.

Advice to Management

Wells Fargo overall is a good bank to work for. You definitely learn some great customer service skills and sales techniques. I think it would be of help to make sure to focus a little more on each individual employee rather than track him/her as another number.