Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Know what you want to do with your career.

Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Many different career opportunities within the company. Wells Fargo has a very large market share. The company is one of the Country's premiere financial services provider, so this provides every type of financial career possible. From the top down, managment proves to push their employees to be the best. A great deal of respect is felt working for Wells Fargo. The benefits program is also very nice. Another reason to work for Wells Fargo is the confidence in knowing that the company is strong, since it is one of the only AAA rated banks in the world, and the only one in the US.

Cons

A fast paced environment that some might not strive in.

Stay the course

7638 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Working in Retail is a Dog & Pony Show that they call the Branch!

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

As many people have said previously, you can definitely start off in an entry-level job, like a Bank Teller position and work your way up to management fairly quickly. The company does have good benefits and offers a competitive 401k plan. Having Wells Fargo on your resume looks good because its a well respected Financial Institution, and everyone in the Banking/ Financial world knows that they work you hard. You'll gain a lot of work experience.

Cons

Where do I begin?? I have work for this company for 11 years. I started off as a Teller, was a Personal Banker, worked in the Phone Bank, Internet services department, and also worked as an Administrative Assistant and Loan Servicing Specialist. I've transfered around numerous departments within my career at Wells.

All I can say is that working in the Branch is COMPLETELY different from the corporate side of the Bank. In the Corporate side --or any department AWAY from Retail , there is a larger budget spent on the Team-Members. Overall they are treated nicer and your opinion and imput seems to count more for some reason. In addition, there is more emphasis on quality training for better job performance. The atmosphere is less tense, not working in Retail. You end up working without all the sales goals and the Irate and Crabby Customers that storm the Branch regularely. You can rest peacefully instead of being stressed to peddle Check Card Rewards and other products that people don't need. In the Branch you are pressured to get the sale no matter what---whether that means just ordering and sending out Gold ATM Debit Cards to customers that didn't even request them. The sales tactics are vicious and you're only as good as your Last sale.

Senior Management needs to start treating their Employees like human beings instead of Robots. They also need to have open channels of communication, where they speak to their employees in a respectful and professional manner.

Out of all the years I've had with the Bank, the worst managers were in the Retail side of Wells Fargo. Its almost like the Bank does not care if the person is right for the position and has a compatible personality with the other Team-Members or the Customers. They seem to hire the Jerks with terrible Personalities, ZERO Public Relation Skills, no communication tactics, and absolutely NO Social Graces whatsoever. It makes me think.....where do they get these people from?? And being in San Francisco some of these managers have No command of the English language and you end up staring at them in a puzzled way saying "What did you say? I'm having a hard time understanding you.." There is a serious Language barrier. It makes absolutely no sense to have these kind of people on the Frontlines of the Bank when it's known that they have no Customert Service skills! Amazing!

If you don't like yourself, work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

If you want to have a job.

Cons

Employees are like cattle. Hugely sales oriented and lacking in trust, values and ethics. Managers are consistently lying to team members to drive sales. Customers are not valued for their business. Culture has an overall lack of reality. I was a top sales performer and did it ethically-- however management frequently encouraged me to be unethical. Managers are not held accountable-- working at most 30 hours a week. I every branch I worked in almost EVERYONE was extremely dissatisfied and turnover each year was extremely high. HR is worthless. Overall terrible experience and would never do it again.

Get an education in anything.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo