Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Wells Fargo is BAD

Current Employee - Teller  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Teller in Omaha, NE

Pros

Pay is good for a student, co-workers became life long friends.

Cons

Bad management, it's not what you know but instead who you know, work is actually a lot harder then you would expect. I was constantly left alone in the drive thru during the busiest times. Management is awful. Service managers are the worst I have ever seen.

Treat your employees better. You run a high turnover company and maybe you should do some research in to why that is. Higher pay and better training of management could go a long way in making this a better place to work for.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo should continue doing business they way they have always done it. Truly an industry leader.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

Pros

Very well branded company. Lots of processes but they have proven to be just in these unsettling credit markets. The company pays for performance and communicates effectively throughout the organization what is going on. Monthly conference calls on the state of the market as it is seen internally is very helpful in me providing the best service to my clients. Long tenured management helps to engrain the Wells Fargo philosophy in less experienced employees. I have found my experience at Wells Fargo to be both challending an rewarding. Armed with an MBA, this is an institution I could work at for a long time.

Cons

Large organization and very burecratic. Your ability to hit the home room can be very difficult as the organization is very process oriented and lacks entrepreneurial ingenuity in my group. Company gets very caught up in analysis which can feel paralyzing at times because everything needs a memo. Because the organization is so large, getting a response from senior management can take awhile because they seem to be so thinly spread. Would like to see more authority handed down so that decisions be made faster and the sales force can be much quicker and competitive to the needs of customers. In a down market it does not matter but when things pick up again, it will be tough if this continues.

I think the transparency Sr. Management gives and thoughtfullness to how we conduct business is superb. Company needs to continue investing in its employees as they currently do whether that be compensatory, training, etc.

Wells Fargo- Good, not great

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

National name, strong reputation in the banking community, excellent leadership at the top, cutting edge technology and detailed, ongoing training program.

Cons

In my particular situation, no local bank presence, sponsorships or advertising. No local loan processing...all loans were shipped to a differnt state to be processed.

Still a bit of an 'old boy' network. Some senior management seemed to be marking time instead of aggressively trying to grow the market and/or focusing on local marketing strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!