Wendy's

www.wendys.com
  www.wendys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Good pay/benefits, Very stressful.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Wilkesboro, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Wilkesboro, NC

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay/Benefits. Managers in the store were very friendly. Didn't have to drive far to get to work. Really good with getting time of if you needed it. Talking to regular customers that would come in every day (some multiple times a day).

Cons

Corporate management made job very stressful. Would bust our butts all day making the store look clean and they would still come in and yell at us that the store looked horrible. They would give you so many tasks to do, there was no way to get them all done in time and still be able to actually serve the customers. Was always fussed at because our sales were not as good as other stores that were located in much busier/higher populated areas. Was almost always understaffed trying to make unrealistic labor goals, which we could never make, even running the store at almost bare minimum staffing. Also, my GM would only hire teenagers; most of which were lazy, so it was more like babysitting than managing. Shift was 10 hrs with no breaks.

Corporate management needs to have better people skills when dealing with store management and stop talking to them like kids. Also stop worrying more about unrealistic goals and more about the customers. Need to hire more older people who need a job and will be more respectful to the managers.

722 Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's (View Most Recent)

Great part-time job for the inexperienced worker.

Current Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good managers for the most part. Possibility of becoming a manager with a 50% raise. Part time or full time work. Flexible schedule. (I was upfront with the request so they gave me all Sundays off.) %50 discount on one meal per workday. I always got a free meal if I responded to a call to fill in for someone. Not hard to get hired.

Cons

Minimum wage and infrequent raises. Even managers don't get paid that much. Little room for long-term growth. Lots of repetetive activities: wiping tables and trays, scrubbing dishes, etc. Other employees were sometimes irresponsible or lazy.

I hope you have found a way to keep local restaurant managers from cheating the drive-thru timing system. We sometimes asked a car to back up to the first window from the second to artificially ower the average time per customer. Of course, sometimes the triggers didn't work right and the timer wouldn't stop after the car left, so I don't blame the managers for trying to be competetive.

an ok job if you love working with a fast paced envirment

Current Employee - Crew Member in New Stanton, PA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in New Stanton, PA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Make lots of great friends

Cons

no benefits, not very easy to support a family off of wages

There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's