There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Good pay/benefits, Very stressful.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  North Wilkesboro, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Wilkesboro, NC

I worked at Wendy's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay/Benefits. Managers in the store were very friendly. Didn't have to drive far to get to work. Really good with getting time of if you needed it. Talking to regular customers that would come in every day (some multiple times a day).

Cons

Corporate management made job very stressful. Would bust our butts all day making the store look clean and they would still come in and yell at us that the store looked horrible. They would give you so many tasks to do, there was no way to get them all done in time and still be able to actually serve the customers. Was always fussed at because our sales were not as good as other stores that were located in much busier/higher populated areas. Was almost always understaffed trying to make unrealistic labor goals, which we could never make, even running the store at almost bare minimum staffing. Also, my GM would only hire teenagers; most of which were lazy, so it was more like babysitting than managing. Shift was 10 hrs with no breaks.

Corporate management needs to have better people skills when dealing with store management and stop talking to them like kids. Also stop worrying more about unrealistic goals and more about the customers. Need to hire more older people who need a job and will be more respectful to the managers.

638 Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's (View Most Recent)

an ok job if you love working with a fast paced envirment

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  New Stanton, PA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in New Stanton, PA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Make lots of great friends

Cons

no benefits, not very easy to support a family off of wages

Eye opening. Overall, great work ethic developed

Current Employee - Crew Leader  in  Johnstown, NY
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Johnstown, NY

I have been working at Wendy's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learn lots on food safety and customer service. The food safety has played a role in my design work for my degree

Cons

Can be disorganized. Seems more of a political game rather than work ethic based

Needs to review what managers actually do. Seems like as soon as people are premoted, they slack off

There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!