Wendy's

www.wendys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Prepare to work more than what you are paid for

Former Employee - Slave in Ocean City, MD
Former Employee - Slave in Ocean City, MD

I worked at Wendy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

50% employee discount. You get to see how disgusting the food really is. work/life balance is ok because you will be lucky to get 30 hours at one of these places.

Cons

The food should be free for employees. Give me a HASMAT suit to clean up your disgusting bathrooms when someone gets excrement all of the place. The store I worked for was so old and small that you couldn't walk anywhere without rubbing up against another employee. Its unbelievable how angry a customer can get when your coworkers are taking too long to prepare their food or they prepare it incorrectly. If you are the cashier, this anger is directed towards you. Don't expect the manager to defuse the situation of an angry costumer in your favor. They will make you look ridiculous just to save face for themselves. I felt that my managers cared more about the bonus they get from making fast drive thru times than they did about me, the employee who busted their rump to earn that bonus for them. This is not something you would want to make a career out of unless you cant wait to have a stroke.

Pay your employees more. Stop treating your employees like dirt and you wont have such a high turnover rate. pay employees more. pay employees more. pay employees more. pay employees more.

774 Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's (View Most Recent)

Ok first time job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better food than McDonalds
    Depending on managers, scheduling can work with outside life

Cons

Pay is minimum wage
    Hardly any benefit to climbing the ladder and going higher.

If you want employees to care more about the customer experience, care more about them.

It all depends on management an coworkers.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard work will get you good hours. 8 dollars starting for normal worker. Managers get salary and bonuses for making service times.

Cons

Max pay increase for worker other than management is 20 cents every 6 months; no one gets the max. The bonus that management receives for making service times is not reciprocated to employees. Hard to move up.

Initiatives would be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's