There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Where's The Beef?

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned many interesting things while employed with Wendy's. I was fortunate enough to have a manager take me under her wing and show me everything. Within a year as of being hired as a crew member I soon became a shift manager, very soon after my tenure as shift manager I later became store manager. I was fortunate enough to have gotten to meet Dave Thomas on 2 different occasions. I mastered food waste, I mastered inventory, I also received top accolades for having a very clean store. I also received an award for outstanding dedication. Sadly I had to hang up my apron after being robbed for $1.50. The stress that it might happen again scared the living daylights out of me.

Cons

Working all the time, unsure what my days off would be. In order to keep the store a float I would sometimes have to run various stations due to the fact many employees didn't work their required schedules. When I became a store manager I finally saw where the money was but it also required constant work. I learned there is more to life than risking it over $1.50.

This should be for area directors and regional managers, when your management staff need time off give it to them. They do all the dirty work while you drive around in a company car, and you never know what has gone on to make things difficult.

reviews filtered by

It's ok if you have a good company and good managers, stay for about a year though if you must

Current Employee - Cashier/Crew in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Crew in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

50% discount of food items, 30min breaks, easy job

Cons

Been here for almost 2 years and still making minimum wage
    Can't move up in pay unless it's management/which conflicts with class schedules as they will not work around
    When hours need to be cut, they do not care how long you have been with the company or how good of an employee you are, you will find yourself with less hours than the new 2 week in co-worker
    Never enough staff for night shift
    Hardly any teamwork depending on who is working with you
    Always nitpicking (the store I work in is very old and they want us to restore it, yea right, it needs to be remodeled but they are too cheap for that)
    No self serve drinks for the customers in some stores even if the whole area is owned by one company
    Customer service suffers because instead of trying to give a quality experience, they'd (management) rather have speedy times, which is drive-thru so if a customer comes inside and there is only one sandwich maker, be prepared to try and entertain the customer for 3-8 minutes on small orders like one jr. cheeseburger.

A lot of the managers don't like to help out when its time for shift change, they will go be office bums and customer service suffers because of it, but then you blame us for it. Start rewarding veteran employees with better hours and higher pay. Get off your lazy buts and help out! Stop making those under you do things that you don't wanna do, even if they are busy. Treat employees with more respect, stop favoring some over others.

2. No, just no.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Chippewa Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Chippewa Falls, WI

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got a lot of hours

Cons

The management was awful. They would work they're employees into the ground and then move on. They treated us like animals, and didn't care about how the person felt. I was payed under minimum wage. They did not have enough staff.

Check up on the management in your franchises.

There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's