There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

Kick start your work life.

Former Employee - Crew Leader in Taunton, MA
Former Employee - Crew Leader in Taunton, MA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Wendy's provides a flexible schedule and a great kick start to you work life.

Cons

Medical coverage is poor for families.

Advice to Management

Beware managers that do not support quality staff for personal or self gratifying reasons.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's like family!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give great benefits and they give you the tools you need to accomplish all your goals.

Cons

They lack on communication with managers.

Advice to Management

Don't be lazy and especially pay attention to your hard working managers they deserve praise.

Where's The Beef?

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned many interesting things while employed with Wendy's. I was fortunate enough to have a manager take me under her wing and show me everything. Within a year as of being hired as a crew member I soon became a shift manager, very soon after my tenure as shift manager I later became store manager. I was fortunate enough to have gotten to meet Dave Thomas on 2 different occasions. I mastered food waste, I mastered inventory, I also received top accolades for having a very clean store. I also received an award for outstanding dedication. Sadly I had to hang up my apron after being robbed for $1.50. The stress that it might happen again scared the living daylights out of me.

Cons

Working all the time, unsure what my days off would be. In order to keep the store a float I would sometimes have to run various stations due to the fact many employees didn't work their required schedules. When I became a store manager I finally saw where the money was but it also required constant work. I learned there is more to life than risking it over $1.50.

Advice to Management

This should be for area directors and regional managers, when your management staff need time off give it to them. They do all the dirty work while you drive around in a company car, and you never know what has gone on to make things difficult.