Wendy's

www.wendys.com
  www.wendys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

unprofessional

I worked at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional management, great training to do adequate work,

Cons

unprofessional co-workers, less than great cliets

728 Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's (View Most Recent)

Worst Wendy's Ever

Current Employee - Crew Member in Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My schedule is day shift only. I start early and get off early.

Cons

1. We have two soda dispensers in the restaurant; one services the Pick Up Window and one services the dining room. The dining room dispenser has Cherry Coke and Coke Zero but the Pick Up Window does not have those flavors hooked up. When customers order Cherry Coke or Coke Zero, an employee has to fill a cup from the dining room dispenser and bring it to the Pick Up Window. For the last two days, when guests order Coke Zero or Cherry Coke, which is on the menu and in stock, at the Pick Up Window, the manager lies and tells them we are “out of stock” or is not available at the Pick Up Window, because serving it drives the service times up too high. This is misrepresentation and false advertising of a product and could get the whole place in big trouble, from fines and lawsuits to Coca-Cola yanking their contract with Wendy’s.

2. Our Air Conditioning unit broke down towards the end of May, and we have had absolutely no air flow in the restaurant for SEVEN MONTHS! The average air temperature is maintained at about 120 degrees Fahrenheit (I hung a thermometer on a string at eye level when working my station the other day to test the air temperature). From what I have witnessed for the last six months, no effort at all has been made to fix, replace, or repair the unit. We have pregnant women working who get waves of dizziness and have to step into the walk-in cooler for a few minutes. I get so hot it makes me nauseous and I have to leave my station for a few minutes to step into the walk-in just to cool down. It’s making emotions run high, morale low, and tempers flare. Just this week, I heard our new General Manager telling people it has been fixed, when in fact NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

3. There is missing floor tile on the service line, which has created a depression in the floor about an inch deep and crew members have come close to twisting an ankle, slipping and one of our assistant managers nearly fell once when her foot hit the hole. No effort has been made to fix or replace missing tiles. Trip and falls are one of the most expensive things for a restaurant to have to pay for, so I am surprised that it has gone on this long.

4. One of our pre-opening duties is to degrease and scrub the concrete dumpster pad and the area by the Pick-Up Window with a specially formulated degreaser solution. Cars stop and drip oil and leak fluid spots outside the Drive-Thru area where the cars stop to pick up their orders. Our manager stopped ordering it so I can no longer scrub outside because she says we don’t have proper drainage when the degreaser is rinsed. So I haven’t been able to scrub for quite some time. Now the concrete by the Pick Up Window is very badly stained and becoming corroded from the oil spots and leaky fluids from cars. The dumpster pad smells like a dead animal because of the old grease and food spots that drip and form little grease puddles on the concrete pad under the dumpster, attracting flies, maggots, roaches, centipedes and other bugs.

5. We no longer butter our buns before toasting. I don’t know if all Wendy’s started this, but our Director of Operations removed the butter rollers one day while visiting because they weren’t working correctly, so now we just toast the buns without buttering them. Also, the bun toasters have been missing the black belts that go around the wire frame conveyors, and have not been replaced.

6. The Walk-In cooler has developed a chronic water drip that no one has done anything about. Dirty water drips from the fan motors onto product stored on the shelves below it and no one seems to care, and the product gets used or served.

7. The stove we use to cook chili on has been broken now for about two weeks, so we’ve been cooking chili on the chicken grill, which means we cannot cook as much grilled chicken as we did. This makes it difficult to maintain product according to business needs during rush periods.

8. The oven we use to cook bacon in has a broken spring on the spring-loaded door. Now it just flops open and if we are not careful, the backs of our hands will get burned because of the way it falls open. No one has made an effort to do anything about it. The front plate cover is also missing some screws and is barely being held in place, and wires are exposed.

This list is by no means complete and morale is so low right now that the whole crew wants to quit, and most have already.

Either very relaxing or very stressful

Current Employee - Crew Member in North Wales, PA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in North Wales, PA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Typically, as long as your work is done, you get many paid breaks. Managers are very chill unless there are customer complaints.

Cons

Gets really busy around lunch and dinner rushes. Unbelievably busy. If you are prepared then it isn't too bad.

Start north of $7.40 I make more than that for your company in a single order.

There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's