Solid company

Current Employee - NBM in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - NBM in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Werner are great Plenty of room for advancement

Cons

Management thinks they know everythng Can be a high stress job Difficult to take more than 5 working days in a row off.

Advice to Management

Simple get input from those that are in the trenches day to day may be able to make some useful changes if you do!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Schnieder would be a better company.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire people straight out of driving school. Not many companies will do this. Had my wife not left me with a young child to raise while I was over the road in training, I would have stayed with the company. However, Schnieder would be a much better choice if you're just out of school, because Schnieder will send you to a 6 week school before putting you with a trainer OTR WHO ACTUALLY HAS TO STAY AWAKE WHEN YOU"RE DRIVING! Werner runs you like a team from day one - -when you're driving, your trainer is asleep.

Cons

You basically teach yourself to drive a truck because most of the time the trainer is asleep while you're driving. Yes, this is extremely dangerous...but it's also allowed by Werner. The quality of most of the trainers leaves a lot to be desired. The first trainer I had was very anal retentive. I was made to take my shoes off whenever I was in the truck, and was not allowed to eat in the sleeper. He also had a MAJOR attitude. What was worse is the guy TEXTED AND PLAYED VIDEO GAMES ON HIS CELLPHONE WHILE DRIVING! Worst of all, he made me sleep in the upper sleeper while the truck was moving AND IT DID'NT EVEN HAVE A SAFETY HARNESS! rtrainer

Advice to Management

Take a page from "undercover boss" and see if the trainiers are really training. Don't simply rely on an exit survey (which you apparently aren;t reading anyway.) The first trainer refused to give his employee ID # and gets away with it. I had three trainers with Werner, one was good for the most part, the other two ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!

2. Very cool. No rush and give has lot of opportunities to grow.

Current Intern - Junior Developer in Omaha, NE
    Current Intern - Junior Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You have so many departments at one place so get to meet everyone and can share experiences. Have many social events too.

Cons

This is just the current situation (July-2012) There are lot of constructions going on which is kind of noisy inside and outside.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.