There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

Solid company

Current Employee - NBM  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - NBM in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Werner are great
Plenty of room for advancement

Cons

Management thinks they know everythng
Can be a high stress job
Difficult to take more than 5 working days in a row off.

Simple get input from those that are in the trenches day to day may be able to make some useful changes if you do!

118 Other Employee Reviews for Werner Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Very cool. No rush and give has lot of opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Junior Developer  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Junior Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You have so many departments at one place so get to meet everyone and can share experiences.
    Have many social events too.

Cons

This is just the current situation (July-2012) There are lot of constructions going on which is kind of noisy inside and outside.

You guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Schnieder would be a better company.

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hire people straight out of driving school. Not many companies will do this. Had my wife not left me with a young child to raise while I was over the road in training, I would have stayed with the company. However, Schnieder would be a much better choice if you're just out of school, because Schnieder will send you to a 6 week school before putting you with a trainer OTR WHO ACTUALLY HAS TO STAY AWAKE WHEN YOU"RE DRIVING! Werner runs you like a team from day one - -when you're driving, your trainer is asleep.

Cons

You basically teach yourself to drive a truck because most of the time the trainer is asleep while you're driving. Yes, this is extremely dangerous...but it's also allowed by Werner.
    The quality of most of the trainers leaves a lot to be desired. The first trainer I had was very anal retentive. I was made to take my shoes off whenever I was in the truck, and was not allowed to eat in the sleeper. He also had a MAJOR attitude. What was worse is the guy TEXTED AND PLAYED VIDEO GAMES ON HIS CELLPHONE WHILE DRIVING! Worst of all, he made me sleep in the upper sleeper while the truck was moving AND IT DID'NT EVEN HAVE A SAFETY HARNESS! rtrainer

Take a page from "undercover boss" and see if the trainiers are really training. Don't simply rely on an exit survey (which you apparently aren;t reading anyway.) The first trainer refused to give his employee ID # and gets away with it. I had three trainers with Werner, one was good for the most part, the other two ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!

There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

Worked for Werner Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!