Werner Enterprises

www.werner.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

Not bad for a starter company

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Fontana, CA
Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Miles and training are good they will get you the experience you need. Pay could be better I average about $600/week as a solo otr driver. Also, they honestly to try to get you home on time it just doesn't work out sometimes

Cons

They try to get you home EXACTLY in your day you request. So if your in your home area the day before your requested day expect to work doing shags or sitting at a shipper all day to get loaded just to drive and split the load at the terminal. Also, the pay could be a lot better.

Listen to the drivers requests and don't advertise that you have local work available when you do not have any local work anywhere in the nation and what local positions you do have available have a 25 person waiting listi

152 Other Employee Reviews for Werner Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Family Dollar Maquoketa, Iowa

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Maquoketa, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Maquoketa, IA

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place for Dedicated Drivers. Although the work is hard the staff has programs in place to take the stress and anxiety out of the drivers daily work routine.

Cons

It is hard work but hometime and office staff support is great

Kepp up the good work

Violates basic employer-employee relationship rules

Current Employee - OTR Driver, Dedicated Route in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - OTR Driver, Dedicated Route in Denver, CO

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When your equipment is running good, and you are assigned a dedicated route you can make a living......BUT.....

Cons

Astonishing lack of urgency to repair equipment.
    Strands drivers for days at a time essentially stealing their time ($20 per day breakdown will feed you and that's about it, it doesn't feed your family or pay any bills)
    Indirectly penalizes drivers for doing the right thing which increases the number of CSA violations Werner and their drivers incur and also increases the danger to the general motoring public.

In my 11 months experience with the company, any road breakdown will reduce my check at the end of the week. A problem with a trailer will cost 6-18 hours which are hours of earning potential Werner doesn't compensate me for and I'll never get back. This leaves drivers with a "maybe-lose vs. a definitely-lose" choice to make. "Maybe get caught pulling a trailer with a bald tire" or "Definitely lose a 1-1.5 days wages?" Can you blame so many drivers for opting for the "Maybe?"
    And you wonder why your CSA score is "UNCOMFORTABLY LOW" was the phrasing I think you used in your Q1/2013 safety training...really, you can't make that connection?
    Maybe if you offered a bounty for fixing trailers so Drivers had a "WIN-LOOSE" choice in the favor of fixing the trailer...and improving your CSA Score at the same time.....just a suggestion (that I've made to both my dispatcher and to your Driver's Relations Dept).
    A problem with a truck will SIGNIFICANTLY impact my paycheck as it will take me off-line for 4-6 DAYS. This has happened to me 5 times in 11 months (Exhaust Regen issues, bad coolant level sensor, pin-hole leak in radiator, suspension issues with a truck re-issued to me after previous driver was in a wreck, bad starter) each time it has taken 4 days or more to either get the repair done, or be issued another truck.
    Maintenance issues are not your fault, but stranding drivers for large chunks of time WITHOUT commensurate pay while their bills and family obligations exceed their reduced paycheck is GALLING!

There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises