Werner Enterprises

There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

OTR for werner enterprises

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great starter company, Learned a tremendous amount about the job, opportunties to advance into different divisions while staying with the same company.

Cons

long hours, communication between planners, dispatchers, and drivers needs much improvement

132 Other Employee Reviews for Werner Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Werner/Dollar General - Disappointed...

Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver
    Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accepted right out of driving school. Good exercise, lost 20 lbs. Good on the job training. Trainer was kind of crazy, like me. Generally, 34 hr. resets are at home.

Cons

Pay turned out to be only about half of what the recruiter said it would be. Health insurance lacked. Fleet Manager was just plain mean most of the time. Dollar General buildings seem to be built without any consideration that tractor trailers would be delivering the freight. Had to push 1200 lb. rolltainers up unrealistic delivery areas. It was like the Mechanic's where doing you a favor to get trucks repaired, usually with a delay. If you started feeling good about yourself, either Werner or Dollar General would put you right back down with some sort of an issue. It's a job or a game that just can't be won by drivers. The job kept getting worse instead of better even though I worked my ass off regularly to the point of exhaustion. Too many people there saying, "Just be glad you have a job." If you allow that, that's what you will always get, a crapy job. At the end it was like "Fool me once, your fault. Fool me twice, my fault. Keep fooling me over and over again, I have to be a moron to stay, so I left. Last words I heard in the office, Another fleet manager saying to another driver, "We have been fooling you for years" and then laughing...

A start for the inexperienced

Former Employee - OTR Driver
    Former Employee - OTR Driver

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have some very nice people working at some of the terminals, my trainer was a very experienced driver of fifteen years, I got a pretty good DM who while very serious was able to get me good miles most of the time and overall helpful

Cons

You will not be paid what you're worth. As a new driver and doing the math at the end of a seventy hour week and depending on miles, expect to be paid about $12/hour, give or take a buck. The trucks are in shoddy shape, the mechanics are not paid enough to care. Expect to get home late on an every frequently growing basis. If you are Western 11 expect to be in Chicago and the north east.

Take a chill pill, pay your drivers more, quit outsourcing the mechanics and pay them a livable wage too.

There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises