There are newer employer reviews for West Asset Management

Merely Ok.

Current Employee - Collector in Sherman, TX
Current Employee - Collector in Sherman, TX

I have been working at West Asset Management

Pros

Not to horribly hard to hit your quotas,
monthly bonus that you can usually get up to about $500
Decent upper management

Cons

Lower level managers can be completely useless, not a place for the weak willed

Please hire competent managers, not just your friends. It would help out a lot, and maybe then we wouldn't have high turnover.

reviews filtered by
  1. Decent Working Conditions but Poorly Compensated, Very Few Make Bonus.

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative - Sprint PCS in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative - Sprint PCS in Mobile, AL

I worked at West Asset Management

Pros

Decent working conditions, nice coworkers and patient supervisors. Three weeks paid training. The company provides a wide selection of vending on site and internet in the break room. Break room also has table tennis.

Cons

The base pay is only $8.50 an hour with the promise of up to $400 in monthly bonus. Only five percent of operators qualify for the bonus, so don't count on it for income.

Someone dropped a note on my desk while I was on a call with a customer and I soon forgot about it. It was telling me I was eligible for medical benefits. Well no one ever mentioned it again and the time to signup passed and I was told I would have to wait ten months to be eligible again. I got the feeling the company was very happy that they did not have to pay for the benefits. At other jobs my employers made sure I was eligible.

The work requires the ability navigate 8 or more software programs at one time and calls are expected to average under 4.5 mins. You have to remember 6 different computer passwords and your morning and after lunch login takes about 10 mins. Programs frequently log you out requiring you to login during a call and effect your average call time. One has to maintain a high degree of alertness for a 10 hour shift and squeezing small talk, fake or not, into the 4.5 min call is required by the managers.

Be honest about how difficult it is to earn bonus pay when recruiting. Such strict time restraints (AHT) can have a negative effect on morale. Operators need to be able to find pride in their work.

2. decent for a gate way job

Current Employee - Call Agent in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Call Agent in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at West Asset Management

Pros

well the hours are stable.
    you get the schedule a month in advance.
     40 hours.
    health coverage.
    your own desk with drawers and personal space.
    options for over time.

Cons

staring a a computer screen
    getting yelled at by customers
    management shows no constancy .
    high turn over rate because people get tired of sitting around all day.

Do more Floor meetings make sure everyone knows the policies.
    also become more organized with the middle management
    i believe this would make a great difference.

There are newer employer reviews for West Asset Management