West Business Services

www.westbusinessservices.com
  www.westbusinessservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for West Business Services

Helpful managers, poor training, great facility

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay $12.50/hr. Choice of hours. Great office building space (windows all around). Friendly co-workers

Cons

Training class is 3 weeks long but mine and my classmate's memory of was that it was a waste of time and company money (4 trainees, $1500 each plus instructor at probably $3,000). No training on the software system you will be using because they don't have any software interface training module. Unfortunately the entire job requires use of the software. It's very detailed in it's structure and since the client is a major credit product issuer you can accidentally damage someone's account (cancellation) which would leave them stranded somewhere without the use of their card without their even knowing it until it was too late! This situation can happen LITERALLY in a single mistaken mouse click. This also goes for your required performance metrics meaning you can screw yourself with the very same mouse click!! They admit everyone has done it more than once so it's been a problem from the beginning of the program which has been in operation for 3 years now.

There's too much emphasis on metrics. You can be tops in customer satisfaction, legal compliance, attendance and customer interaction but if you miss your numbers by just a few points, you're out the door.

If the client won't provide a training module of their system pay someone to make one for you. Bend your metrics to account for the lack of training that you admit to yourselves.

88 Other Employee Reviews for West Business Services (View Most Recent)

West was a learning experience for me. I learned the basics of business at my time at West.

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, opportunities to grow if you know how to sell. This company looks at taking cheap labor and training them to sell with high turnover.

Cons

Promotions can be based on popularity and job security is not the greatest. They have no qualms about turnover of employees.

I would suggest to look at your past and evaluate why you have such high turnover with employees. There has been a lot of talent that has come and gone through West in Appleton Wisconsin.

Not that great

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

Great location and nice facility.

Cons

No room for growth unless you willing to brown nose

Dont plan on going anywhere in this job.

There are newer employer reviews for West Business Services