West Business Services
www.westbusinessservices.com Appleton, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Helpful managers, poor training, great facility

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay $12.50/hr. Choice of hours. Great office building space (windows all around). Friendly co-workers

ConsTraining class is 3 weeks long but mine and my classmate's memory of was that it was a waste of time and company money (4 trainees, $1500 each plus instructor at probably $3,000). No training on the software system you will be using because they don't have any software interface training module. Unfortunately the entire job requires use of the software. It's very detailed in it's structure and since the client is a major credit product issuer you can accidentally damage someone's account (cancellation) which would leave them stranded somewhere without the use of their card without their even knowing it until it was too late! This situation can happen LITERALLY in a single mistaken mouse click. This also goes for your required performance metrics meaning you can screw yourself with the very same mouse click!! They admit everyone has done it more than once so it's been a problem from the beginning of the program which has been in operation for 3 years now.

There's too much emphasis on metrics. You can be tops in customer satisfaction, legal compliance, attendance and customer interaction but if you miss your numbers by just a few points, you're out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the client won't provide a training module of their system pay someone to make one for you. Bend your metrics to account for the lack of training that you admit to yourselves.

West was a learning experience for me. I learned the basics of business at my time at West.

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros: Fun environment, fast paced, opportunities to grow if you know how to sell. This… Cons: Promotions can be based on popularity and job security is… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest to look at your past and evaluate why you have such high turnover with… More

Not that great

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros: Great location and nice facility. Cons: No room for growth unless you willing to brown nose Advice to Senior Management: Dont plan on going anywhere in this job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on West Business Services.

Worked for West Business Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at West Business Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for West Business Services CEO John Sanley. All reviews posted anonymously by West Business Services employees.