There are newer employer reviews for West Coast Dental

West Coast Dental stinks

Current Employee - Managing Dentist
Current Employee - Managing Dentist

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

experience with HMO/PPO insurances, managing people/staff

Cons

extreme pressure of upgrading and producing
must go along with shady business practices
micromanaging from people without even a college degree

Advice to Management

stop being shady to employees and patients, it's going to catch up to you.
give people a vacation now and then

reviews filtered by

I like working here

Current Employee - Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

I like the Owners who support the offices well

Cons

It is a smaller company and there needs to be more big company systems

Advice to Management

Improve computers systems and processes

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for West Coast for over 3 years now. Working here I've had the opportunity work with very proffesional, hard working people. I have been able to grow within my office and I have learned so much from everyone here, from management, appointment coordinators and back office staff. Upper management is understanding and does things in its best interest for its employees and patients. The owner doctors are down to earth and willing to incorporate new ideas to make this an easy, friendly, yet proffesional working environment. Recently there have been many changes having to do with our corporate office, upper management, etc. What we all need to remember is that CHANGE IS GOOD :)
    On a side note, I am very grateful to work, not only for this company, but this office. We have an exemplary team willing to go above and beyond for its patients and eachother. We have awesome teamwork when it comes to our specialty and ortho teams. All for one, one for all.

Cons

-Unfairness (All employees should be listened to, treated, equally. Seniority and/or age group should NOT matter. Young employees are as trustworthy and capable as any employee that has been working in the dental field for 10+ years. Take the time to acknowledge everyones work, the simplest of compliments make a huge impact on some people. Not only will they feel appreciated but it will make coming to work less stressful.)
    -Communication (Communication between corporate office and office is always crucial. There has to be more organization within the communicating and less finger pointing, we all work for the same company and get paid by the same people. Not one individual is better than the other)
    -No Incentives (When I say incentives, I don't mean huge bonuses for each employee. We understand this is a large company that is expanding and expenses are limited. However, I believe that managing employee reviews, raises etc in a timely manner will make us employees feel more appreciated. A simple sit down with an individual discussing their work performance, allowing them to express oneself and giving them constructive criticism goes a long ways. Us employees understand that raises don't always happen but at least by sitting with them and having a one on one conversation helps ease their mind and we don't feel like we're unappreciated. Monthly bonuses, holiday bonuses, it doesn't have to be anything big, just a mere show of appreciation. Having worked for several companies I can say that that's what an employee appreciates te most, feeling appreciated and acknowledged.)

Advice to Management

I would say that the last and most frustrating thing would be the fact that we are very limited as to what we are able to do here in the office. Having to receive approval of certain things from corporate office can become very frustrating and make the work environment a negative one. This would apply mainly to front office duties, such as, creating contracts, approval of recurring credit card transactions, refunds etc... I think it is great that we have a team of individuals to assist us with this matter but not only would this ease their work environment but it would allow us to complete certain tasks in a timely manner without making the patient wait any longer as in wait time for them is always an issue. Give offices the supplies and access they need and I personally believe we will see an improvement in patient flow and it will keep the employees from feeling stressed out and overly exhausted.

There are newer employer reviews for West Coast Dental