West Corporation

www.west.com
There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation

It was good for the first five years, and it has gotten worse for the last five years.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at West Corporation

Pros

Gain experience in working in a call center environment, work a multi-line phone, opportunity to post your schedule for a fellow co-worker to pick up or to pick up shifts so you can work extra hours, and deal with customer accounts.

Cons

No health insurance, low moral, lack of employee support and assistance, lack of communication between supervisors and employees, lack of training, subjective QA results, high turnover, most employees get fired without due process, high chance of not drawing unemployment in case of termination, managers and supervisors lie on their employees so they have an excuse to fire the employee or to keep the employee from getting unemployement, if your QA, SA, LE, and AHT is not on target, progessive disciplinary action will happen leading to termination, must use UTO and PTO for all absences, including sick leave, no pension, not employee oriented, it is client oriented.

Employees are human. We make mistakes so please do not make idle threats or fire people. Talk to us first and give us suggestions on how we can improve our work. The upper management needs to make West an enjoyable place to work. Offer health insurance so we can get out medical needs taken care of, so we would not be absent from work so much, more floor leaders are needed to be on the floor so we do not have to wait on the average of 20 minutes to get assistance or to fulfill a supervisor request. On classes on QA are needed so we will learn on what to say on the phone, so we won't get fired for "disrespecting" a customer, and to handle difficult customers.

400 Other Employee Reviews for West Corporation (View Most Recent)

Satifying

Current Employee - Corporate Analyst in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Analyst in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Corporation

Pros

Variety is available to move around

Cons

Positions are ever changing within postions

Continue to see the talent within

Awful

Former Employee - Tech Support in Niles, OH
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Niles, OH

I worked at West Corporation

Pros

Overtime pay
    Vacation time
    Fellow agents are pretty good to work with

Cons

Bad floor leadership
    Bad management
    Terrible training

This was absolutely the worst job I have ever had. They pay a good wage in an economically depressed area, and they can't keep people. More power to you if you can handle the crap that goes with the job. however, my advice is to think real hard before taking a position with them.

There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation