West Corporation

www.west.com

It was good for the first five years, and it has gotten worse for the last five years.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsGain experience in working in a call center environment, work a multi-line phone, opportunity to post your schedule for a fellow co-worker to pick up or to pick up shifts so you can work extra hours, and deal with customer accounts.

ConsNo health insurance, low moral, lack of employee support and assistance, lack of communication between supervisors and employees, lack of training, subjective QA results, high turnover, most employees get fired without due process, high chance of not drawing unemployment in case of termination, managers and supervisors lie on their employees so they have an excuse to fire the employee or to keep the employee from getting unemployement, if your QA, SA, LE, and AHT is not on target, progessive disciplinary action will happen leading to termination, must use UTO and PTO for all absences, including sick leave, no pension, not employee oriented, it is client oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are human. We make mistakes so please do not make idle threats or fire people. Talk to us first and give us suggestions on how we can improve our work. The upper management needs to make West an enjoyable place to work. Offer health insurance so we can get out medical needs taken care of, so we would not be absent from work so much, more floor leaders are needed to be on the floor so we do not have to wait on the average of 20 minutes to get assistance or to fulfill a supervisor request. On classes on QA are needed so we will learn on what to say on the phone, so we won't get fired for "disrespecting" a customer, and to handle difficult customers.

Satifying

Corporate Analyst (Current Employee) Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Corporation

Pros: Variety is available to move around Cons: Positions are ever changing within postions Advice to Senior Management: Continue to see the talent within More

Awful

Tech Support (Former Employee) Niles, OH

I worked at West Corporation

Pros: Overtime pay Vacation time Fellow agents are pretty good to work with Cons: Bad floor leadership Bad management Terrible training Advice to Senior Management: This was absolutely the worst job I have ever had. They pay a good wage in an economically depressed area, and they can't keep people.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on West Corporation.

Worked for West Corporation? Contribute to the Community!