There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation

II

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

On a whole, co-workers are hard working, responsive, and loyal. Great 401K plans with employer contributions. If you can handle a company plagued with rules and regulations that slow efficiency down to a snails pace, this is an ok place to work.

Cons

They won't let employees make color copies without a pass code to the copy machine, but Won't allow employees to make color copies without a pass code to the copy machine, but they lose millions on inefficient, archaic systems and procedures. There's so many fingers in the pie, it takes forever to make a decision. Once a decision has been made, they will push for implementation even when it's obviously flawed. Will spend $300 to save $3.

I have no idea how much effort and funds it will take to move this old dinosaur into the 21st Century. I'm sure way more than you're losing because of current policies and procedures, but you can start by looking at purchasing and AR.

353 Other Employee Reviews for West Corporation (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Teleservices Representative in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Teleservices Representative in Erie, PA

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can choose own hours, commissions are good if you can maintain quota

Cons

Employees treated badly, "Team Leads" often bully employees, little opportunity for advancement

Learn to treat those under you with the same respect you expect from them

Working with West Corporation

Current Employee - Work-at-home Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Work-at-home Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am able to work from home. Therefore, I do not have to be caught up in traffic.

Cons

The main problem now is there is little business right now at HSN, the TV station for which I am taking calls; thus, I am basically earning part-time income.

There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation