West Corporation

www.west.com

Virtually create your own schedule and pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL

Pros

I could pick up/drop hours in real time and that gave me a lot of flexibility to do anything I wanted. I was young and single and saving up for grad school so my relationship with West was perfect. I got plenty of overtime if I wanted it, plenty of downtime too (certain parts of the year were heavier than others). I was one of many so I got away with a lot of things that normal jobs wouldn't tolerate such as calling in at the last minute and leaving early without prior notice. I also wasn't forced to work directly with anyone so I worked at my own pace without having to worry about scheduled breaks and meetings.

Cons

I put in a LOT of overtime and did my best to satisfy customers (i.e. I tried REALLY hard) but it seemed to go unappreciated by management. Not that I was looking for a raise or promotion, but I felt that the supervisors and even some team leads had pompous attitudes and treated customer service reps like lowly peasants. When my quality assurance scores were low I was written and given coaching, but after I brought my scores up and was in the top 5 scores (out of 100 reps) four weeks in a row, one certificate was put on the bulletin board in my honor. No one told me about it and my name was spelled wrong- I didn't know it was supposed to be mine for about 2 months.

Provide your customer service reps with enough information to make them take ownership of their job. Make incentives be equally as great as punishments or your service reps will eventually feel under appreciated and give a lackluster performance.

Other reviews for West Corporation

Great place to learn and expand your skills. Hard place to work due to lack of strategic direction

Former Employee - Director  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Director in Omaha, NE

Pros

Highly technical environment. Leading edge for many of the platforms

Cons

Business unit silos drive inefficiency with no cohesive strategy

I found West a fun place to work, Met some great people.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Erie, PA

Pros

Picking up or posting hours. Learning about products you see on t.v, Commission on some products, Advancements.

Cons

Being sent home because not enough call volume. Being shifted around not always knowing which croup you would be working for.

Pay employees better money.

There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation.

Worked for West Corporation? Contribute to the Community!