There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation

Write Ups

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Universal City, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Universal City, TX

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

West is an awesome place to work if you are looking simple work. There are always plenty of opportunities for advancement at West within a couple months of being there. I got promoted twice within a six month period. Plus the pay is pretty good.

Cons

The write ups are way too much. If you aren't careful you can be fired within three pay periods if you don't pay attention. And some things are out of your control but because of "company policy" you will be out of there quickly. Also, some of the customers that you deal with are ridiculous. I mean honestly, who likes getting called out of their name or cursed out?

Sympathize with the workers for when things don't go right. If a agent gets a bad call, maybe you should have a sit down the agent and reassure them that the rest of the day will be fine. Try to calm the agent down. I didn't have anybody to do that for me when I wa called out of name. I think this will help the agent move on the next with a little more ease.

353 Other Employee Reviews for West Corporation (View Most Recent)

Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Employee Relations Risk Management Coordinator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Employee Relations Risk Management Coordinator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Production sites work 7-4 or 8-5. Supposed to have weekends off. Experience.

Cons

As a salaried employee with West in the Employee Relations Department I was worked a minimum of 70 hours a week. The managers think they're somebody even though people are promoted to management after only being with the company a year. Managers and employees at production sites think they can talk to anyone even vice presidents however they see fit where as in a normal company an employee would be terminated for it. The company tries to get by on almost no staffing. Hard to provide medical leaves for an entire company with only three risk coordinators and a chain smoking manager and not to mention an ER VP that speaks highly of herself having a law degree but never actually took the bar exam. Just stay away...it's a huge headache working for these people.

Go to college..go to leadership seminars...something.

Awful.

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrative in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrative in Mobile, AL

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I knew ONE great manager. I loved her.

Cons

This is the WORST place I have ever worked. The work/life balance is HORRIBLE. The management is awful and disrespectful on a ridiculous level. I hated working here, and I am not hard to please at all. Co-workers also will regularly throw you under the bus. Don't waste your time working for this company. My life is SO much less stressful, now that I'm working somewhere else.

Learn how to respect your employees. Take the time to train them, if they are willing to work hard for you. Actually care about morale. Learn to respect your fellow man!

There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation