There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation

Write Ups

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Universal City, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Universal City, TX

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

West is an awesome place to work if you are looking simple work. There are always plenty of opportunities for advancement at West within a couple months of being there. I got promoted twice within a six month period. Plus the pay is pretty good.

Cons

The write ups are way too much. If you aren't careful you can be fired within three pay periods if you don't pay attention. And some things are out of your control but because of "company policy" you will be out of there quickly. Also, some of the customers that you deal with are ridiculous. I mean honestly, who likes getting called out of their name or cursed out?

Sympathize with the workers for when things don't go right. If a agent gets a bad call, maybe you should have a sit down the agent and reassure them that the rest of the day will be fine. Try to calm the agent down. I didn't have anybody to do that for me when I wa called out of name. I think this will help the agent move on the next with a little more ease.

reviews filtered by

Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Employee Relations Risk Management Coordinator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Employee Relations Risk Management Coordinator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Production sites work 7-4 or 8-5. Supposed to have weekends off. Experience.

Cons

As a salaried employee with West in the Employee Relations Department I was worked a minimum of 70 hours a week. The managers think they're somebody even though people are promoted to management after only being with the company a year. Managers and employees at production sites think they can talk to anyone even vice presidents however they see fit where as in a normal company an employee would be terminated for it. The company tries to get by on almost no staffing. Hard to provide medical leaves for an entire company with only three risk coordinators and a chain smoking manager and not to mention an ER VP that speaks highly of herself having a law degree but never actually took the bar exam. Just stay away...it's a huge headache working for these people.

Go to college..go to leadership seminars...something.

you just never know

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good place to stop in and stay awhile, no opportunity to move up however

Cons

hours, and managemenet attitudes for all its sometimes lkike a prison

learn to actually be nice to people

There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation