West Georgia Health System

ER Nurse.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lagrange, GA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at West Georgia Health System

Pros

Awesome place to work. Very satisfying, and a great company.

Cons

Very stressful work environment. 12 hours mostly on your feet. Huge decision making.

Would like more employee appreciation for Job well done. Leadership is very much "On their game" at WGHS.

8 Other Employee Reviews for West Georgia Health System (View Most Recent)

WGHS, a GREAT place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at West Georgia Health System

Pros

The people and the sense of community are the best reasons to work here. As is normal in healthcare, salaries go the the clinically astute personnel, but everyone here is treated like an integral part of this community. Sure there are bad managers who treat employees poorly, but they are being discovered and rooted out. A healthy hospital staff starts with a happy workforce, and WGHS is doing their honest best to make that a reality.

Cons

The pay for non-clinical staff is less than ideal. Some of the top ranges for my position are right around the starting figures at other companies. Also, managers do not get merit increases, so there is little incentive for someone to want to move up to a management position.

Senior Management is already listening to feedback from their employees.

Great place to work.

I have been working at West Georgia Health System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the money I am making here. I think it's very reasonable for the amount of work that I do.

Cons

I think there's too much work to do, they are not very strict with tardiness and people in my dept calls out a lot & never get it trouble for it. I think they should be more strict when it comes to attendance because we are taking care of patients here.

Upper management are friendly especially the CEO Jerry Faulks is down to earth.

There are newer employer reviews for West Georgia Health System