West Jefferson Medical Center

www.wjmc.org
  www.wjmc.org
There are newer employer reviews for West Jefferson Medical Center

Great community, antiquated business.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA

I have been working at West Jefferson Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WJMC brings a sense of family to the workplace. I work with a community that I feel connected to. This drives me to excel in my job role and continually seek ways to improve the organization.

Cons

The management structure is antiquated. Leadership gives me no confidence that they are taking the business in a positive direction. Constant change to our environment is poorly thought out, if at all. Patient care suffers greatly from incompetence.

It is my opinion that the business is blind to industry best practices and lacks the ability to adapt to modern methodologies that keep us current and able to compete with other healthcare systems.

8 Other Employee Reviews for West Jefferson Medical Center (View Most Recent)

It's all the people that work at a hospital that determines the quality of the hospital-West Jeff is a quality hospital.

Former Employee - RN
    Former Employee - RN

I worked at West Jefferson Medical Center part-time

Pros

The best thing at West Jefferson Medical Center is the people who work here, in all departments. There is less turnover here than other area hospitals, rarely, if ever, are agency nurses used. Patients get better care because almost everyone is very familiar with the hospital and the way it operates.

Cons

I would like more CE available concerning critical care at the hospital. Doesn't everyone want higher salaries and better benefits?

We need more ancillary positions in the critical care areas. To have an extra set of hands on the other side of the bed improves patient care and is more efficient!

Great Place to Work But You Might Outgrow It If Your Ambitious"

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Marrero, LA
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Marrero, LA

I worked at West Jefferson Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hospital has very nice staff and they were a pleasant to work with. The nurses were fantastic and the patients represented come from various social and economic backgrounds. However, I felt the doctors were a bit mediocre though the residents were quite good. If you a re a junior person, such as a nurse aide, lab tech, pharmacy tech, there is room for growth if you do an excellent job. I would highly recommend working at West Jeff while in nursing or allied health school. You will get excellent experience and encouragement from the staff.

Cons

You will need to push yourself to succeed. Sometimes your co-workers will call in sick and if you're a hard worker, you'll find yourself constantly called in to work for them.

Increase the pay for junior staff and nurses; create more incentive programs for tuition reimbursement. Recruit more residents from top programs such as Baylor and Tulane.

There are newer employer reviews for West Jefferson Medical Center