West Marine
www.westmarine.com Watsonville, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A very good company to work for.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at West Marine full-time

ProsIf you enjoy boating and the boating lifestyle, West Marine might be a good fit. Customers and associates share similar interests, and working in a field that you honestly enjoy can be refreshing.

ConsRetail is seasonal. Payroll in the "off season" is a real challenge. Managers are paid salary, so winter hours can be long, while floor associates are begging for hours. This can be difficult in lean times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to feed back from the sales floor and store level. We are all in this together!

Great Company

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at West Marine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great training opportunities. Good people Cons: low starting wages, slim payroll during slow season. Advice to Senior Management: More transparent progression opportunities would be helpful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Smooth sailing

Analyst (Current Employee)
Watsonville, CA

I have been working at West Marine full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Company. Nice culture and atmosphere Cons: Salary is a bit low compared given proximity to the Bay… Advice to Senior Management: Improve performance of website. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on West Marine.

Worked for West Marine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at West Marine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for West Marine CEO Matthew Hyde. All reviews posted anonymously by West Marine employees.