West Penn Allegheny Health System
www.wpahs.org Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Loads of uncertainty and unease among the surviving employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at West Penn Allegheny Health System full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat team atmosphere for the most part across the entire health system

ConsRecent affiliation with Highmark has created an atmosphere of doubt and trust in longevity of employment.
Employee satisfaction is eroding.
New upper management seems to make sweeping changes without a lot of forethought.
Aggressive schedule in place for some impending changes to the electronic environment requires an excessive amount of hours on the job for not a lot of reward or appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaffing reductions (layoffs) should be done with the input of the direct managers affected. This would allow them to offload non-performers rather than hard working, dedicated employees with years of service.

I feel like I'm part of a family working with this company.

Pgh Int ArPort, PA

I have been working at West Penn Allegheny Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros: I think one of the best reasons to work for this company is that evryone… Cons: The only problem I have is that WPAHS does not… More

Filled with uncertainty

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

Pros: - IT group has some great people to work alongside - Intense… Cons: - High employee turnover rate - Some groups within IT lack… Advice to Senior Management: Hopefully the merger with Highmark will rectify some of these… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on West Penn Allegheny Health System.

Worked for West Penn Allegheny Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at West Penn Allegheny Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for West Penn Allegheny Health System CEO John W. Paul. All reviews posted anonymously by West Penn Allegheny Health System employees.