West Virginia University
www.wvu.edu Morgantown, WV 5000+ Employees

Intensive English Program: Hands-on experience, but lots of unpaid hours

Lecturer (Current Employee)
Morgantown, WV

ProsHands-on experience managing your own classes, creating lesson plans, and assessing students; lots of freedom to do things the way you want within the classroom; lots of room for learning and growth.

ConsStudent population is not as diverse as it probably should be (mostly Saudi students, which means you have to be constantly looking over your shoulder to be sure that students are speaking in English, not Arabic); little guidance from the beginning; lots of unclocked hours makes you feel like full-time without any of the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough freedom is nice, it would also be beneficial to have some more guidance during the early stages of teaching.

Graduate Research Assistant

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at West Virginia University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The salary is fair enough for you to live in… Cons: Not much to say since this is a college. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

West Virginia Universityis great place to work

Research Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at West Virginia University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: West Virginia University is located at Morgantown of WV, which is a… Cons: It will be greater if the students are more active and positive in class… Advice to Senior Management: It will be great if they have a management system that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on West Virginia University.

Worked for West Virginia University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at West Virginia University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for West Virginia University CEO James P. Clements. All reviews posted anonymously by West Virginia University employees.