I love working for west at home!

Current Employee - Agent  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West at Home

Pros

The flexibility, the pals are helpful and anytime I want to pick up hours I can. The company sends emails to remind us to pick up extra hrs if we want them. Your an employee not a contractor.

Cons

The only con is it starts at minimum wage. The other benefits out way the pay especially for extra income and just starting out in a home telecenter. Iam not required to sit at a computer 8but hrs a day I can pick every hour I choose to work.

Keep up the good work. People want legitimate work at home jobs like west. Your employees could use netter starting pay though.

Other Reviews for West at Home

Very nice work, for part time job

Current Employee - At Home Agent  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - At Home Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West at Home

Pros

At Home agent - no gas required. No expense for clothing

Actual employee - so will make atleast states minimum wage

Good points of contact if have a question about the client you are servicing.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement not always there

Pay not competitive for work that is being completed.

Client could leave at anytime, thereby losing hours or job. Would recommend having other "eggs" in basket.

Offer more advancement opps to your employees. I know clients that have had virtual assist, to assist over the phone.

Waste Of Time

Former Employee - At Home Agent  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - At Home Agent in Omaha, NE

I worked at West at Home

Pros

As an employee of West At Home, you get to help people place orders for unique and interesting items as seen on T.V. You can actually roll out of bed, start your computer, and begin working within a few short minutes, without ever having to leave your home. You'll save on gas, clothing, and eating out for lunch. The entire concept of being an at home agent is terrific, but you will not make enough money to make it worthwhile.

Cons

The major problem with this company is the lack of hours for employees. They hire way too many agents so there are not enough hours for everyone. Far too many agents are left with no hours or hours at 2:00 AM-4:00 AM then again from 9:00 AM-9:30 AM. It's crazy. There is no way to schedule a real shift or block of hours. As a result, you have to stay at home and work 24/7 just to get enough 30 minute time slots to provide you with a decent check. It takes at least two months to get hired, and it is just not worth the time or cost of upgrading your computer and training. You will never get more than 12-15 hours a week... over half of those hours will be after midnight or scattered randomly throughout the week. There is no way to have a set schedule which makes it difficult to plan your family time. You will always work weekends because there are too few hours during the week to make a paycheck. I worked there for 6 months and never made more than $100.00 ever two weeks, although I would spend hours upon hours trying to get scheduled.

Allow employees to have a set schedule despite your client's needs and stop the high turnover and low morale of your at home workers. Be honest about the lack of hours and let prospective employees know upfront that this job is best for those who only require a side job for extra money. Stop telling applicants they will be able to pick their own hours. That is not true. They can only pick from those you make available, and there simply are not enough hours to meet most employees' needs. The concept of at home workers is a good one, and your system of getting an employee setup at home works well. But there's really no point in someone working for you if they can't earn enough money to pay for some groceries. Please do more to inform potential at home workers that this is a second job for earning a little extra money, not a main job for paying bills.

There are newer employer reviews for West at Home.

Worked for West at Home? Contribute to the Community!