Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service in Ocala, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Ocala, FL

I have been working at West at Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home, with the ability to set your own schedule, is a rare find in the work at home community. You can work in 1/2 hr increments and as much or as little as you want. The training is more than sufficient, and chat people are always available to assist with questions during a call. The calls vary according to client, so the job isn't monotonous. Customers calling in are almost 99% agreeable, as they are not calling to complain.

Cons

I find few cons with this company. It is fair and legitimate. Opportunity to advance is there for those who wish to. Adequate notice is given to those who are not performing to standard. West wants to show up for your schedule, but if you cannot, you may either take back your hours, or if insufficient notice, you pay post for others to accept. Now, these again, are not cons! One, and only con I see is lack of hours at certain times of year, so you are often looking to check for hours posted. The pay is often minimum wage if call volume is not high.

Advice to Management

I know it is inevitable for glitches to occur in systems, but I would like to see some flexibility on days of more than usual company system problems, and allow some compensation as a result. Please raise the pay per minute. We work hard, but the pay is very low.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. West at Home-Good in concept but not reality

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at West at Home part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduleing Decent Pay for hourly employees Easy access to assistance/supervisors

Cons

Hours are flexible but never available Falsely advertised the amount of hours available No room for upward movement unless you are located at the home office in Omaha, NE

Advice to Management

Be honest in what you tell prospective employees because there were at least 4 people in my training class that left full time jobs thinking that they would be able to get full time hours here and were not. When the trainers were directly asked, we were told that this would not be a problem. After training, I was never able to get more than 10 hours a week.

2. Flexible but inconsistent

Current Employee - Home Agent in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Home Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West at Home part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides comfortable environment, flexibility. Great part time work.

Cons

Management most times confused about what is going on, implement changes then quickly change it or do not stick to it. You get conflicting information from management. Cut in hours, work not available. Work taken from low performers and given to high performers. Do not give you time to improve.

Advice to Management

Get on one accord. Know what's going on!