There are newer employer reviews for WestCare

Clients are the reason we're here, co-workers make it difficult to focus on central goal

Former Employee - Child Development Specialist in Fresno, CA
Former Employee - Child Development Specialist in Fresno, CA

I worked at WestCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clients willing to better themselves make it worth while, Paid sick and vacation days, consistent hours, weekends off

Cons

Insurance is not that great and expensive, co-workers personalities can be intense, constant gossip, inconsistent work environment - you move around a lot

Pick a facility for each program and keep it consistent, not just for the employees but for the families in residential who need that routine and familiarity. Better food for residential treatment, I have tried it and it is not healthy for anyone.

8 Other Employee Reviews for WestCare (View Most Recent)

Corruption!

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Sheridan, IL
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Sheridan, IL

I worked at WestCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working with the inmates. They were the reason I went to work for Westcare. I believed in the mission. I belleved in the work I was doing and felt I could make a difference.

Cons

mangement staff is poor. They don't care about direct care staff. Pay is terrible. Benefits are terrible. Most staff are more corrupt than the inmates we are working with.

Clean house!! Get rid of your management and bring in some caring, honest, respectful people.

Does not follow mission or value staff

Former Employee - Program Coordinator
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator

I worked at WestCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The mission and purpose of this organization is why I chose to work their but too bad management does not follow mission

Cons

Upper management has no regard for staff and pay is way below national average, yet when you see how much top executives are getting paid you see they are more concerned about their wealth than the care of services or value of employees.

Time to reorganize