WestJet

www.westjet.com

If you are looking for a great place to build a career then WestJet is certainly an organization to consider...

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe culture is quite strong at WestJet. There is a very motivated and empowered workforce and they are generally committed to seeing the company be successful. The employees at WestJet are some of the best I have ever worked with - very passionate about providing a great service offering to our customers (guests) and always willing to help out in whatever way they can. There is consistency messaging about our strategic direction and most employees know how they play a role in achieving that strategy.

ConsAccountability only seems to go so far at WestJet. It is true that employees are held accountable for ensuring they work hard and deliver on an amazing guest experience, however it seems that accountability differs depending on what group you work for and how high up you sit in the org structure. No organization is without its own unique set of politics and WestJet is no exception. The politics certainly aren't as rampant here as they are with most organizations however.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure accountability is even across the organization. Allow your skilled employees to deliver on what they were hired for. Continue to appreciate the hard work given by the vast majority of the people working for the airline.

It's not what it seems

Super Sales Agent (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros: the flight benefits are good, my fellow co workers are… Cons: no communication, call centre management awful and they are bullies, poor… Advice to Senior Management: I've worked here for a year and if it wasn't for the flight benefits I would have been long gone. They have said in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The good old culture is losing to bad new politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestJet

Pros: Great culture (generally), and great co-workers. Cons: The politics and school-yard behavior are unbelievable. Don't think that your experience here will be unlike any other job. It is full of… Advice to Senior Management: Look carefully at your Senior Management Peers, and your VP team and really look at who is and who isn't pulling their weight. … More
There are newer reviews on WestJet.

Worked for WestJet? Contribute to the Community!