WestJet

www.westjet.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for WestJet

I felt like I was in High School

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros

The flight benefits and the profit share plan when things were great. SOME of the people were great to work with and the culture is amazing (when it works).

Cons

If you didnt fit in with the clique in your own department - it didnt matter how good your work was or how well you were respected in other departments. Several of the VPs acted like children and get promoted even when they dont have appropriate experience.

Seriously consider looking at people's strengths and abilities - not how popular or pretty they are - when it comes to promotions, etc.

65 Other Employee Reviews for WestJet (View Most Recent)

Outstanding corporate culture, great benefits (profit share + share purchase plan)+ unlimited travel privileges

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestJet

Pros

exciting, fast paced,profitable, tremendous growth potential for all levels of staff

Cons

systems dont keep up with the growth, some depts operate too lean

culture will always be what makes this airline different and critical to nurture and protect it. The new management team is changing the culture and becoming more and more corporate. Big mistake

If you are looking for a great place to build a career then WestJet is certainly an organization to consider...

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at WestJet

Pros

The culture is quite strong at WestJet. There is a very motivated and empowered workforce and they are generally committed to seeing the company be successful. The employees at WestJet are some of the best I have ever worked with - very passionate about providing a great service offering to our customers (guests) and always willing to help out in whatever way they can. There is consistency messaging about our strategic direction and most employees know how they play a role in achieving that strategy.

Cons

Accountability only seems to go so far at WestJet. It is true that employees are held accountable for ensuring they work hard and deliver on an amazing guest experience, however it seems that accountability differs depending on what group you work for and how high up you sit in the org structure. No organization is without its own unique set of politics and WestJet is no exception. The politics certainly aren't as rampant here as they are with most organizations however.

Ensure accountability is even across the organization. Allow your skilled employees to deliver on what they were hired for. Continue to appreciate the hard work given by the vast majority of the people working for the airline.

There are newer employer reviews for WestJet