WestJet

www.westjet.com

I felt like I was in High School

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsThe flight benefits and the profit share plan when things were great. SOME of the people were great to work with and the culture is amazing (when it works).

ConsIf you didnt fit in with the clique in your own department - it didnt matter how good your work was or how well you were respected in other departments. Several of the VPs acted like children and get promoted even when they dont have appropriate experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously consider looking at people's strengths and abilities - not how popular or pretty they are - when it comes to promotions, etc.

Outstanding corporate culture, great benefits (profit share + share purchase plan)+ unlimited travel privileges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at WestJet

Pros: exciting, fast paced,profitable, tremendous growth potential for all levels of… Cons: systems dont keep up with the growth, some depts operate… Advice to Senior Management: culture will always be what makes this airline different and critical to nurture and protect it.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you are looking for a great place to build a career then WestJet is certainly an organization to consider...

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros: The culture is quite strong at WestJet. There is a very motivated and empowered workforce and they are generally committed to seeing the company… Cons: Accountability only seems to go so far at WestJet. It is true that employees are held accountable for ensuring they work hard and deliver… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure accountability is even across the organization. Allow your skilled employees to deliver on what they were hired… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on WestJet.

Worked for WestJet? Contribute to the Community!