Best Place I Have Ever Worked

Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros

WestJet is always asking westJetters for advice on how to improve the business. they care to know what employees are thinking. For example they run cultural events throughout the year like culture connections to hear from employees.

Cons

Business is growing rapidly so the company and leadership need to work harder at face to face communication with westJetters.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, increase your visibility and stay the course , true to your values and the original business case. One fleet, safe, low cost and a great gust experience. Take care of your people , they will take care of the guests!

reviews filtered by
  1. WestJet - a great place to land a job at

Current Employee - IT Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros

Fanatastic work enviroment, not a day goes by where I don't laugh several times. Casual dress enviroment, get to wear jeans in winter and shorts in summer. Cheap flight benefits are great as well, save thousands a year in travel expenses.

Cons

Hours can be long, airline operates 24/7 so I can be called anytime. Profit share is not guarateed, can be a very nice cheque or nothing at all.

Advice to Management

Having a CEO with actual airline experience would probably make WJ a more successful airline. Be careful about expanding too much into non-airline ventures.

I felt like I was in High School

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at WestJet

Pros

The flight benefits and the profit share plan when things were great. SOME of the people were great to work with and the culture is amazing (when it works).

Cons

If you didnt fit in with the clique in your own department - it didnt matter how good your work was or how well you were respected in other departments. Several of the VPs acted like children and get promoted even when they dont have appropriate experience.

Advice to Management

Seriously consider looking at people's strengths and abilities - not how popular or pretty they are - when it comes to promotions, etc.