Westaff

www.westaff.com
  www.westaff.com
There are newer employer reviews for Westaff

good placement that led to a full time permanent position

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Westaff as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It may have just been luck that I came into the Westaff East Lansing office at the right time when you needed someone ASAP and I had the right background and skills for the job, but I could not be more pleased with my new job. The location is perfect, the staff are all pleasant and helpful, it's in public health which is my field of choice, and the benefits package is really good. I could not have hand picked a better opportunity for myself. I felt that Westaff's Prove It tests are the best of the three I have taken (Officeteam, Adecco and yours). They really captured the skillset I have to offer and since those scores matter so much in placing someone, I was happy that I did so well in the skills that I feel are my strengths. Everyone on your staff was very helpful and positive that I would be placed very soon, so I was thrilled when I was placed the very next day and it has all worked out so well. I would recommend Mark Joseph and Westaff to anyone who is looking for an employment opportunity when they are so hard to come by in this continuing difficult economy. From my perspective, both the employee and the employer win by using temporary employees to ensure they are making a solid hiring decision. The employee gets to know the company culture and the staff as well as the job and the requirements needed to succeed before starting as a permanent employee, and the company has an opportunity to see if the person is the right fit and has what they are looking for skill-wise and personality wise. It's a win-win!

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Keep up the good work!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Westaff (View Most Recent)

My experience with Westaff NOLA has been consistently inconsistent!

I worked at Westaff as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offers an opportunity to maybe obtain some very part-time work. So whenever it (work/call) com the es, it's a good thing. And for some un-experienced staffers, it could be a way to break into different industries.

Cons

Does not like to share or spread employees across industry map. Has work in many areas, but tends to "type-cast" people into a specific area thus restricting access or opportunity for career growth. Also prohibits employment by other staffing agencies without explanation. Also pays staff $10-$15 below industry standards and is believed to pocket the difference. Instead they count on local desperation to low ball client and staff alike. After all some money is better than no money, type of attitude.

Learn to be better advocates for your staff and show more appreciation with comparable/equal rates for both genders and all races. Listen to employees needs to grow and expand their knowledge base in the very many skill-sets both you and clients inevitable need so everyone may be happy all around. Better skilled laborers = better events/logistics saving time and money = more work = better rates for staff from head to toes. Also, it may be a good idea to share with employees how they are paid as rates tend to fluctuate without warning or consent.

Very inspiring and lots of freedom.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Walnut, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Walnut, CA

I have been working at Westaff full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a very good company with excellent leadership. Unfortunately it was sold out during the Great Recession.

Cons

This company wasn't as financially solvent as it could have been.

Best to remain fiscally prudent.

There are newer employer reviews for Westaff