Westaff

www.westaff.com
  www.westaff.com
There are newer employer reviews for Westaff

Select Staffing's takeover of Westaff left the vast majority of corporate headquarters staff with no severance package.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Westaff

Pros

During a long career at Westaff I was able to grow and progress in my professional career.

Cons

When the tough get going it's each man for himself.

When Westaff was bought out by Select staffing, Senior Management led us to believe that the current severence policy would be in place. The day that Select took possession we were advised the the severence package policy was eliminated. The next day, a Friday, 40% of the corporate headquarters staff was laid off; the following Monday, the remaining 60% of the corporate headquarters staff was given their 60 day notice. The Westaff Senior management kept their interests in mind and all received their severence packages while leaving the regular staff without any. They should have tried harder to ensure that the staff would be treated fairly once the company was taken over.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Westaff (View Most Recent)

not too bad, not too good

Current Employee - Peon in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Peon in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Westaff

Pros

the people and the benefits are nice. decent pay, weekends off, monday-friday. a nine to five job. cant ever go wrong with that.

Cons

depends on the dept you are in. management can be a little extreme with micro managing.

ease back on micromanagement will ya.

Westaff - Not too bad

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Westaff

Pros

close to home. casual dress. free food. good benefits. good work life balance. good feedback.

Cons

uneasy employment market. changing sr mgmt

stability