Westat
www.westat.com Rockville, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Dignifying

Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

ProsFlexible Hours
Great Health Insurance
private office space/Cubicle
Work with academic peers and not just people with little academic background who have experience.
Management was very respectful
Work although generally boring, could be challenging when deadlines came around
wonderful coworkers
nice campus
You could look for projects within westat that you would like to work in
End of year Party was great.
Birthday celebrations were great.
Casual Atmosphere
And to mention it again, Dignifying

ConsThe Pay compared to other places of comparable work and workload was horrid. It was the job I made the least salary in, but the Benefits package was highly generous.

It was painful to see that they consistently hired people from outside, when there were very few people not working a Westat office job (if any) with a degree less than A Bachelors degree. Yet they hired people of equal or even less competence from outside.

Pay increase was very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease Pay. A lot of the employees are talented, and most of the time want to stay, but the pay is a real turn-off and people end up leaving. most people I worked with, loved working there, but for the pay.

Interesting studies - horrible pay

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

I have been working at Westat

Pros: The kinds of studies that Westat wins are out of this world! There are so many different… Cons: The process for getting on projects is too informal. For the most part, I was spending a lot of time searching for… Advice to Senior Management: The advancement process is not effective and kills morale and is discouraging. It's presented as if it's a secret… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting, low paying job.

Field Interviewer (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Westat

Pros: It's nice to be able to work my own schedule.… Cons: I would recommend negotiating for higher rate of pay. I know that some people, and not necessarily the top performers, have negotiated a higher… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your interviewers. Raise your pay to industry standards . Stop threatening your workers with the possibility of being let go because they… More
There are newer reviews on Westat.

Worked for Westat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Westat CEO James E. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Westat employees.