There are newer employer reviews for Westat

It has been very-very good for me! I would be missing this job and people...

Current Employee - Contractor, Part-time in New York, NY
Current Employee - Contractor, Part-time in New York, NY

I have been working at Westat

Pros

As a part-time Contractor, I have absolutely flexible schedule. I may work at any time: late nights, overnights, weekends, holidays - whenever 24/7. Any days off for personal reason - no questions asked. Vacation is unlimited, could be taken any time with 3 weeks acknowledgement.

Cons

As a part-time Contractor, I have no Health Insurance. Vacation is unpaid. Training is good, but not always enough for new employees at the beginning.

Advice to Management

The company conducts a lot of different projects in diverse industries. Therefor, it is difficult to advice anything to Management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Casual atmosphere, friendly people, limited challenges

Current Employee - Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Specialist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Westat

Pros

Friendly place to work. I am allowed independence to perform my tasks, which is a big plus compared to where I worked earlier, where the owner watched your every move. In other words, I am treated like an adult and allowed to prove myself in a rational atmosphere.

Cons

Atmosphere is friendly but rigid. I wish the people were a little more open with each other. Everyone seems to be watching their back a little too much.

Advice to Management

More communication please.

2. Dignifying

Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Westat

Pros

Flexible Hours Great Health Insurance private office space/Cubicle Work with academic peers and not just people with little academic background who have experience. Management was very respectful Work although generally boring, could be challenging when deadlines came around wonderful coworkers nice campus You could look for projects within westat that you would like to work in End of year Party was great. Birthday celebrations were great. Casual Atmosphere And to mention it again, Dignifying

Cons

The Pay compared to other places of comparable work and workload was horrid. It was the job I made the least salary in, but the Benefits package was highly generous. It was painful to see that they consistently hired people from outside, when there were very few people not working a Westat office job (if any) with a degree less than A Bachelors degree. Yet they hired people of equal or even less competence from outside. Pay increase was very low.

Advice to Management

Increase Pay. A lot of the employees are talented, and most of the time want to stay, but the pay is a real turn-off and people end up leaving. most people I worked with, loved working there, but for the pay.